HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by scienceaddict, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:01 PM
without thrust one is powerles
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
Help!
need help with rocket deployed blimp

ok, so i am new to this whole flying things radio controlled, and need a little help.

i am doing this project for NASA, called the SLP, where they give us money and we have to build a large rocket to fly 5280 ft high, and contain a scientific or engineering payload. our payload is a blimp. we plan to have it come out of the rocket and inflate on the way down. it must be radio controlled, yet stay under the weight limit. i am looking for as lightweight a propulsion system i can get for it. ANY suggestions would be great! thanks!

here is the link to the NASA website:
http://www.nasa.gov/offices/educatio...nitiative.html
scienceaddict is offline Find More Posts by scienceaddict
Last edited by scienceaddict; Nov 15, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:49 PM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,156 Posts
Usually the blimp deploys the rocket. The idea is the unpowered thing rises as far as it can before deploying the powered thing.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The dynamo
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:03 PM
without thrust one is powerles
Joined Nov 2012
3 Posts
well, nasa likes things coming out of rockets, not vice versa, and the whole point of the project was to have something where the rocket is the main vehicle.
scienceaddict is offline Find More Posts by scienceaddict
Last edited by scienceaddict; Nov 15, 2012 at 08:10 PM.