SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by jocanon, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Jul 2010
514 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Sold
In-line On/Off Switch Y-Connector Power Cord for 12V/24V PSU by Solid Hobby

Ever wish your converted server power supply (PSU) had an on/off switch? Well, now it can!

I have plenty of them in stock and ready to ship!

If you want to get rid of the clutter of a power strip, or just want a solid solution for connecting both of your PSUs with one plug and get an on/off switch to boot, then my Y-connector power cord with an in-line on/off switch is the perfect solution for you!

The main cord is 6 feet long (can be custom made to any length - PM me your requirements). The cords and switch are rated up to 15 amps on 125VAC in the US. The European cord is rated up to 10 amps on 230VAC.

Just to be sure it is solid, I built a dummy load that loads up two series HP DPS-600PB PSUs to the max (about 1150 watts) and ran it this way for 2 hours, the cords performed amazingly well!

These power cords are standard computer power cords with all three prongs on the plug still intact, including the ground pin. Please ensure that your power supply can accept standard unmodified computer power cords. If you have any questions, please PM me or post your questions here.

It is now available in two styles:

Top mounted design - Price is $21, please also include $5 for shipping.
(includes Velcro for mounting)

Note: If you have the DPS-600PB PSU the top mount design works best if you remove the little metal strips at the back of the PSU. I pry them up with a flat head screw driver to break them loose then pull them out quickly with pliers. "Quickly" is key, if you are too slow sometimes only part of the metal piece breaks off and the little remaining pieces are more difficult to remove.

Original hanging design - Price is $20, please also include $5 for shipping.

Non-Y cord with single male and single female 18 AWG for use
with a 12v PSUs also offered in both top mount and original style
for $18 top mount and $17 original style, please include $5 for shipping.

I can accept PayPal. Please PM me for PayPal payment instructions.

Note: PM me your address for shipping charges outside the US.

All styles and models available in US 125V & European 230V. Let me know if you need something other than US or European.

Please see my original posting located at the link below for feedback and customer reviews of the product. Please post any questions and/or feedback in the thread at the link below as well:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1758208

All of my products come with a full 1 year replacement warranty for any manufacturer defect.

In the event you are unsatisfied in any way, send it back to me for a full refund, including shipping. My goal is to provide the best customer service in order to earn your trust and your continued business for all your power supply needs (more to come). Thanks for looking, and hopefully buying

Jeremy Olson
Solid Hobby, LLC
jocanon is offline Find More Posts by jocanon
Site Sponsor
Last edited by jocanon; Nov 16, 2012 at 10:36 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:12 AM
United States, NE, Kearney
Joined Sep 2011
12 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Can you do a single top mounted one? Thanks

Gary
Dunkel is offline Find More Posts by Dunkel
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:31 AM
Joined Jul 2010
514 Posts
Yes, sure can. Can you tell me what gauge wire you are currently using in your power cord, 18, 16, 14?
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:38 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,789 Posts
Trader Rating: 83
how much current does a power supply draw ? mine puts out 67 amps at 12 volts ...
Dennis Everett is online now Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:57 AM
Joined Jul 2010
514 Posts
Well, let's just assume your PSU is only 75% efficient. At 12v and 67amps you are getting 804 watts. If your PSU is only 75% efficient it would take 1,072 watts of input to get 804 watts of output. On 110v AC in the US you would be drawing 9.75 amps (9.75 X 110 = 1,072). That is a rough guesstimate, but your PSU is probably more than 75% efficient, especially if it has APFC, which would mean it would even draw less current to put out the same 804 watts, and if you household voltage is closer to 120 then the amp (current) draw would also go down a little bit... So on the high end you can be sure it's not drawing more than 10 amps on the input side. My plug is rated at 15 amps which is the max for most household circuits.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by jocanon; Nov 16, 2012 at 11:32 AM.
Closed Thread