HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:31 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Discussion
No More HK!!

After spending 10 hrs. trying to straighten out my account I give up! All I got was the run around with about 10 to 12 people. They all would ask you the same questions and when It got to a point they couldn't handle it they would hang up or let me sit there like a Dummy!! It keeps saying my user name or password is incorrect. After changing my password at least a dozen times it still doesn't work! I can't tell you how P.O,ed I am. My blood pressure has to be High!! I'm afraid my Pasemaker is going off any minute!! I can't tell you how Helpless you feel when someone is thousands of miles away and you can't seem to get anywere!! Thats all I've Had It!! Buck
Buck Shot is online now Find More Posts by Buck Shot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Yep that's hobbyking.
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:22 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Take a couple of deep breaths. Did you try the Live help function? That seems to be the best way to deal with them, it's difficult any other way. They should be able to find you based on your prior order number (assuming you purchased something from them before).

Also, see if you can get into the vendor section and ask for a rep's help there, they show up from time to time and try to help.

I know it's frustrating to deal with something like this, even more so with a company that's not US based, don't let it get to you.

Was it an order you were trying to fix or revise, or something on your account? Most companies will tread cautiously if they see a lot of attempts at accessing account with different passwords.

It's shocking not to see a ton of negative posts in your thread as of yet, most assuredly they will come. Hope you get it straightened out.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Order!

I was trying to make a order! They kept changing the password! They even used my telephone # 3-4 times and still couldn't get it! It says they are hireing so a hope they get some good one's this time! Buck
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Why would they change your password? As I noted before, perhaps the account got locked because of so many attempts to change the password? Did you use Live Help? I've never had a problem with them method of problem solution, I believe it's US based people responding as well.

Here is the HK thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/hobbyking-441/

As for the "ya, that's HK" comment, they are a lot of things to a lot of people. It looks like you used them before and I presume it went well. I've read they do 5000 transactions a day, so there is bound to be issue here or there. LHS are always the best of course.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
They changed it because the one they gave me before didn't work! What do you mean Live Help? Not the chat line I hope?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:45 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Yes, the 24 hour support centre tab on the top right with the "come in we're hiring" sign on it. click through there and someone should come on. I've used that 4 times so far and everytime I've had someone come up within minutes and help me.

You seem fired up about this so tonight may not be the best time to go back there if you don't feel like you're making headway. How about just creating a new account? Would that be easier? Can you get what you are looking for from another vendor?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Those are the 24hr. support people i'm talking about!! 8hrs. with those them! I ask them to take me out of there system and I would register but no luck! Like you said a New Vendor!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:40 PM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
608 Posts
Yup. I'd say just move on for now. And don't worry, your wallet will somehow find it's way back to HK.
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
Why?? Are they going to Pick my Pocket?
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
733 Posts
As a computer tech I've gone through this stuff many, many times.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but in my experience, in a situation like this there is a communication barrier.

The best thing I've found is have them reset the account or delete it and create a new one. Almost ALL online commerce companies have the ability to do that. If they won't delete it have them change the password and manually log in themselves and make sure it's correct. Then afterwards have them email you the password they used (or the new one) and COPY and PASTE the password. This will verify your username, email address, and password. Anything other than is complicating the situation and leaves room for error.

For example:

Phone number make horrible password. For example: 555-239-1245, 5552391245, 555)239-1245, (555)2391245 etc.

It's also possible, although rare, that your account could be "stuck" I've had that happen to me personally. Basically the website can't properly que the database from your end, but they can see if fine because the access through two different means. And the account has no choice but to be deleted or made inactive.
MaydayMayday is offline Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
Old Dec 04, 2012, 08:13 AM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,035 Posts
There is absolutly no problem with any large company.......................

They do not CARE ABOUT getting customers or keeping them!!!!!!!!!!!!

A good company HAS NO PROBLEMS with anyone BEGGING to spend their money with the company..............

The company has no one doing their job..............DUMP the aggravating company........Plenty of others to deal with.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Dec 04, 2012, 02:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
198 Posts
I did exactly what you said.! Went through all the steps and spent approx. 8-10 hrs. on there chat line. The bottom line is what you said in the last of your post. Ask many times for them to delet my account but No Luck. Like Cyclops said there are many other co. out there. Buck