HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:46 AM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
gotta figure out the settings for the Pro 2.0 board. I'm going to read through the link you sent and I think that may help me tones! That and about 4 more spare arms just incase.
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:48 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
The chances of this actually happening are extremely rare.

In my eyes, rotating props are a safety concern.
I always let my props spin at idle - for safety reasons.
That way I know if the FC is armed or not.
Ever accidently kicked the throttle when it was armed? Me too...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:21 PM
THE PUBLIC IS THE PROBLEM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
I always let my props spin at idle - for safety reasons.
That way I know if the FC is armed or not.
Ever accidently kicked the throttle when it was armed? Me too...
Nope... Ever since day one I have made it a habit to approach my quad with the throttle stick in the lower/left (disarmed) position. And on every successful landing before I even move, I disarm the board & then test wether or not it is disarmed by increasing throttle to make sure the props are not going to come back to life.
subaru4wd is online now Find More Posts by subaru4wd
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:30 PM
I fly em', there for I am.
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Feb 2009
667 Posts
Good suggestions all the way around. I recently found out how dangerous these props are on these quads. Black ones you can hardly see when powered.... Anyway, my lovely 4 legged family member (12yr old Jack-Russel Terrier named Harlie) slipped past the doggy door and as I was about 2" off the deck, she went to grab the 4 armed flying bird thing. Well, we now call her Scar-Face. Not as bad as it could have been but none the less, I'm liking the suggestions. Even though it wouldn't have helped me with Harlie, it's something to think about.

Cheers.
SBOTI74 is online now Find More Posts by SBOTI74
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:34 PM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,131 Posts
subaru: I don't need that "approach" - I know when it's armed or not.
When I connected the whitespy Flip first (with motor_stop) I thought "heck, why don't you arm"?

My first 2 copters (GAUI 330x and AC1) had the motors stop and in the beginning I accidentally kicked the throttle too often. I simply hated not knowing if it's armed or not.

But as already said: it's more of personal taste and what you're used to...
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:35 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
read through this: http://www.multiwii.com/wiki/index.php?title=Config.h

All of your problems can be solved by editing config.h
I installed Arduino 1.03 and I have my board plugged in via USB and it is detected on COM5.

How do I open the config.h that is on my board in Arduino? I am very unfamilar with this software.

Thanks
TimeTrave1er is online now Find More Posts by TimeTrave1er
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTrave1er View Post
I installed Arduino 1.03 and I have my board plugged in via USB and it is detected on COM5.

How do I open the config.h that is on my board in Arduino? I am very unfamilar with this software.

Thanks
You do not "open the config.h on your board".

You store the MultiWii files on your computer, and you open the "MultiWii.ino" file using Arduino 1.03

Once that is done, you will see a TON of code. You will also see some tabs above that code. The tabs are seperate files, so look for a tab labeled "config.h"

Once you make your changes to the config.h file, you will want to save it and then upload the new code to your board.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:50 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Ah thanks. I thought you could read from the board and then make changes and write them.

So I store the multiwii files on my computer. But where do I get the multiwii files? Do I download them?

Thanks a lot
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:53 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,131 Posts
Quote:
Ah thanks. I thought you could read from the board and then make changes and write them.

So I store the multiwii files on my computer. But where do I get the multiwii files? Do I download them?

Thanks a lot
http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/list
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 01:59 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3,145 Posts
Quote:

Thanks a lot
The settings you change ON the board are PID values and flight mode programming, etc... This is all done through the Windows GUI. There are a couple available to chose from.

Config.h is for initial setup for the type of flight controller you are using, options like GPS and Sonar, Motor Layout etc...

A copy of MultiWii 2.1 that has been pre-configured to operate this flight controller in quad-X formation can be found here:
https://hotfile.com/dl/182006241/a57...0_gps.zip.html - GPS version
https://hotfile.com/dl/182006221/6f8...a2__0.zip.html - No GPS
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:58 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
The settings you change ON the board are PID values and flight mode programming, etc... This is all done through the Windows GUI. There are a couple available to chose from.

Config.h is for initial setup for the type of flight controller you are using, options like GPS and Sonar, Motor Layout etc...

A copy of MultiWii 2.1 that has been pre-configured to operate this flight controller in quad-X formation can be found here:
https://hotfile.com/dl/182006241/a57...0_gps.zip.html - GPS version
https://hotfile.com/dl/182006221/6f8...a2__0.zip.html - No GPS
I downloaded those files. And I connect to my board using the Win GUI but I still can't find where to lower the motor speed. I'm lost
Old Jan 17, 2013, 03:01 AM
United States, CT
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
I tried MultiWiiConf_2_1 and it is very similar to Win GUI, I can't figure how to change the motor speeds.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:12 AM
Quadtard
United States, CO, Gilcrest
Joined Feb 2009
725 Posts
Motor speed is in the Arduino sketch:
MultiWii Tutorial (6 min 19 sec)
Breezemont is offline Find More Posts by Breezemont
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
https://hotfile.com/dl/182006241/a57...0_gps.zip.html - GPS version.
This download has a config.h that has FREEIMUv04 as the board which is un-commented and used.
I was under the impressionism that TimeTraveler was using a MultiWii AIO PRO v2.
Is that the correct board selection for a MultiWii All in One Pro V2? Even if its a Hobby King Clone?
Gordon2 is offline Find More Posts by Gordon2
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:44 PM
Joined Apr 2008
24 Posts
just bought the multiwii pro 2.0 board with the witespy ublox neo 6m gps module, the one with the blue mounting backplane
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...backplane.html

i only have two questions, which way is 'forward' for the gps? i have it so that the writing on top of the ceramic antenna is right side up when the nose of the quad is at 12 o'clock

anddd...when it acheives a gps 3D lock, what color will this gps led turn? it has only been red, and red with a once per second yellow flash (searching for satellites?) but it has found up to 9 satellites in the gui.... how many satellites are usually required for a 3d fix?

ok that was 3 question
pdc3ven is offline Find More Posts by pdc3ven