HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by KYChopper, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
Newbie but coming on fast
United States, KY, La Grange
Joined Jun 2012
143 Posts
Discussion
Change in time and weather = less stick time = loss of skills

So being the newbie I am, my skills are still lacking and muscle memory not where it needs to be (complicated by age! ) so I find that as the weather has turned sour, preventing outdoor flight coupled with less daylight, my piloting skills are deteriorating rapidly.

After breaking the tail on my Nano flying it indoors, I am now hesitent to fly it indoors and am relying solely on the sim. That being not as fun as real stick time, I find myslelf only getting on the sim once or twice a week for a few minutes at a time. So now I am quickly losing the few skills and little bit of muscle memory I had achieved.

This hobby continues to exhilirate yet at the same time frustrate me! Just when I feel I am making progress, I take a step backwards and think I just can't get this and I should give it up.
KYChopper is offline Find More Posts by KYChopper
Last edited by KYChopper; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:37 AM
Our Work Is Never Over
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
Aye this happens to many folks
Keep using the sim use it 10-15mins a day instead

I suggest real flight 6 sim with the radio controller its the most realistic I have used.
I only fly FPV now my normal LOS skills are probably nearly gone rofl =)
Blusky1 is offline Find More Posts by Blusky1
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Don't give up. I am struggling with the same thing.

I have only a little over 4 hours on the club trainer with an instructor on a buddy box.

My club flies indoors for $5 per hour during the winter and I am toying with the idea of getting a Vapor to carry me over until spring.

That way I can, perhaps, continue to progress and solo in the spring.

Good luck.
Himself is offline Find More Posts by Himself