Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:09 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
Discussion
Weird project idea - kids Waterproof, shockproof ground vehicle

Hello all
I'm not sure if something like this exists, if it doesn't I was interested maybe making it. Basically, the purpose is an indestructible ground vehicle for small children. I was thinking the best way to accomplish this would be to make a sealed sphere, with a kind of gyroscopic or wait shift mechanism inside for propulsion. This would eliminate stripping the gears, burning out the motors, etc., if the kids hold down the controls and don't know what they're doing. a simple 2 channel radio would work for control, and you could unscrew it to access the battery et cetera. you could even make it waterproof, and add some traction to the outside, and use it on top of water.
Anything like this exist? Or at least the parts to make it?

Thank you!
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Nov 2012
5 Posts
Ehhh, I've never heard or seen of that. You could maybe get a small truck and make those upgrades your self? It sounds pretty sketchy though.
tictactucker15 is offline Find More Posts by tictactucker15
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:20 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
Well it's either that or one-year-old four-year-old and a seven-year-old getting together to destroy whatever I give them in about 30 seconds. Lol.
I got the idea from taking apart my old cell phone and seeing how there is a vibrator inside which uses kind of turning magnet. My idea is just to have the magnet slower and larger and have two directions for two channel radio to work on.
Or some variation there of.
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:13 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,818 Posts
Already been done, so it can definitely work:

http://singularityhub.com/2011/09/26...nto-your-home/
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:02 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
412 Posts
have you seen the engineers at dyson did for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GhHUpkf1qmc
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx