to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2012, 07:32 AM
it wasn't me flying that plane
United States, NC, Wilmington
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Freddie,
Thanks friend!
Yes im going to have to pay closer attention to spinny things we sometimes mount on our jets..Its strange how they get hungry for a finger or two every now and then......lol.......yum yum!
I hope you had time to check the documentary...They are all great to watch and get the creative side of the brain stimulated!

Pdawg,
Thanks for stopping in,always appreciated.....was curious if you did anything to your intake lip?

Corsair Nut,
A big thank you is in order..Its great to be able to chat with people that have "been there and done that"...I really appreciate you taking the time to explain what works and what doesn't......Its the greatest thing about rcgroups,,,being able to share knowledge save a lot of growing pains or should i say building pains....lol!Im sure the performance will be much better than trying to use the ducts with sharp edges..
Very much appreciated!

Robert,
Thank you for the nice comment!

Im going to get the end of the duct primed and sanded a couple time this am and then will get started on finishing this beast...(did that sound right)

Thank you all for stopping through..................Chris
Hover or die is offline Find More Posts by Hover or die
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:38 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,992 Posts
First real nice intake lip work. A lot of careful sanding and it sure looks like it paid off. I bet waiting for the filler to dry was the hardest part. And yes the documentary on the Mirage is very cool. My favorite channel is still the Military channel when they run shows on aircraft (which has gotten more rare). Ready for paint? I'm jealous! Can't wait to see it.

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:45 AM
Current project: Electrolyte
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Apr 2004
5,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hover or die View Post

Pdawg,
Thanks for stopping in,always appreciated.....was curious if you did anything to your intake lip?
.........Chris
No prob! On the Electrolyte it gets blended in with the fuse.
pdawg is offline Find More Posts by pdawg
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Ok,
Im getting closer...
All the christmas shopping and get togethers always slows you down this time of the year and now Im battling another one of those bugs from the schoolhose...
Headcold from hell is the only way to put it!

(Speaking of schools,I wanted to say Rest in peace little ones..What a horror unfolding in the northeast with the shooting of all those innocent little ones.What a monster to hurt children and taking the lives of so many for personal reasons is just sick!)

Back to the jet.....
The main things left are just the aileron linkages and sanding and a little spackle here and there....
I sanded away most of the lips off the ducts as they just looked to comical and I kept catching myself trying to give my jet a smooch...lol
So i sanded them down to where they blend really well with the fuse...
Speaking of the fuse,,,I just plain missed on this one with the main reason being the oversize fan i crammed in there...If i had used a 30 i could have dropped the rear deck towards the back of the fuselage and it would have looked more like the original..The larger exhaust just didnt allow the drop in the rear deck to be added and i had to leave it more level..
The little jet should be an excellent flier and i will try to maiden this weekend if possible..
First Im going to add a little more spackle and sand this thing back to shape andsmooth out the lines..I also went a little narrow with the fuse and this is mostly due to trying ducts that needed to be about 1/2" wider to allow a wider fuse...

A few pics....
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:24 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
7,825 Posts
I think you`ve captured the Scorpion "look" very nicely. Not easy to do on a micro. Looks great.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:24 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Ready for color!
Suggestions?

Going to try my Testors paint markers on this one...

Thanks for the comment Lee...Cant wait to see what you come up with for the "70" challenge...
Its going to be fun watching..
Take care........Chris
Last edited by Hover or die; Dec 19, 2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 12:40 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,171 Posts
Looking good Chris!
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 20, 2012, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2011
704 Posts
Nitro,
Thanks for stopping through...getting close...lol

Heres a little paint...The white will definitely need another coat to have a smooth appearance...
I have been thinking of doing black where the gray is now but so far just leaving as is and recoating where its needed...
I havent seen any scorpions in this type paint scheme but I think it has potential...
Plus I really like milatary schemes on jets...
Take care and will try to get some video when i get a few minutes to go
fly...................Chris
Last edited by Hover or die; Dec 20, 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:46 PM
Team30 Micro EDF
Adelaide, Australia
Joined Apr 2004
11,171 Posts
Crikey! Will you be able to see it in front of tree lines?
NitroCharged is offline Find More Posts by NitroCharged
Old Dec 21, 2012, 10:23 PM
United States, CO, Westminster
Joined Jul 2011
575 Posts
Good job thats very cool!
chester2240 is offline Find More Posts by chester2240
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2013
5 Posts
Awesome jet. Looks awesome. Kind of reminds me of the ATG Javelin.
Meteor210 is offline Find More Posts by Meteor210