HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:00 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Help!
Hitec Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz PPM???

I have Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz radio (http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/air...rt-2-4ghz.html) and now I have a small problem with it.

I'm trying to change the Hitec Spectra TX to FRsky DHT DIY, but I'm not able to get it working as it should. I can bind FRsky TX and RX, but when I connect servos on RX and turn it on, servos are moving all the time. Now I have doubt that my Hitec radio signal to Spectra TX is not PPM. Is it??? If it's not, is there a soldering point inside radio, where I can find PPM??

I'm trying to do this FRsky mod to Hitec, which is my son's radio. And the reason because I want my hole fleet to be flown both radio's without having to change RX's on them. I fly myself with Graupner MX-22 with FRsky DJT module.

For the record, I tested the same FRsky DHT TX in my Graupner MX-22 and everything worked like a charm

So any help for me...
Palju is offline Find More Posts by Palju
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Hitec Optic 6 - Aftermarket 2.4Ghz Conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palju View Post
I have Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz radio (http://www.hitecrcd.com/products/air...rt-2-4ghz.html) and now I have a small problem with it.
I'm trying to change the Hitec Spectra TX to FRsky DHT DIY, but I'm not able to get it working as it should. I can bind FRsky TX and RX, but when I connect servos on RX and turn it on, servos are moving all the time. Now I have doubt that my Hitec radio signal to Spectra TX is not PPM. Is it??? If it's not, is there a soldering point inside radio, where I can find PPM??
I'm trying to do this FRsky mod to Hitec, which is my son's radio. And the reason because I want my hole fleet to be flown both radio's without having to change RX's on them. I fly myself with Graupner MX-22 with FRsky DJT module.For the record, I tested the same FRsky DHT TX in my Graupner MX-22 and everything worked like a charm:
So any help for me...
A very quick search provides:
. Optic 6 Sport - FrSky Conversion - video.
. Optic 6 Sport - FrSky V8HT - DIY pictorial guide.
. Optic 6 Sport (35<72Mhz) - FrSky module - DIY Conversion.
. Optic 6 Sport - Assan 2.4Ghz Conversion - DIY Pictorial.

More information on Optic 6 Sport available under sub section:
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Nov 15, 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: add title
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:34 AM
Finland
Joined Aug 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
A very quick search provides:
. Optic 6 Sport - FrSky Conversion - video.
. Optic 6 Sport - FrSky V8HT - DIY pictorial guide.
. Optic 6 Sport (35<72Mhz) - FrSky module - DIY Conversion.
. Optic 6 Sport - Assan 2.4Ghz Conversion - DIY Pictorial.

More information on Optic 6 Sport available under sub section:
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
These are great instruction if you have Optic 6 Sport FM radio. My son's radio is Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz with Spectra AFHSS TX inside (Hitec's own 2.4GHz). This is not the same as FM versions of Optic Sport.

There are five points in the circuit board, which are CHG, RF+, G, B+ and S. I made the connection to points RF+ to FRsky +, G to FRsky - and S to FRsky Signal. With this connection servos are moving all the time, after I connect RX to the battery with TX on. I was eliminating possible FRsky TX or RX fault by connecting it to my own Graupner MX-22, and everything worked like charm. So I think that Optic 6 Sport 2.4GHz AFHSS is not using PPM from radio to TX????

The main reason I want to change Hitec's 2.4 GHz Spectra AFHSS to FRsky is that we fly sometimes same models with my son. Now we have to change RX inside the plane, because I'm flying with Graupner MX-22 and FRsky 2.4GHz. If we had both radio's with FRsky, then only to BNF (bind and fly) is all what's needed.
Palju is offline Find More Posts by Palju
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:29 PM
Australia, VIC, Ormond
Joined Jul 2009
24 Posts
Hi Palju,

I'm interested in doing the same modification to my 2.4Ghz Optic 6.
Could you solve the problem that you've posted?
CarlosClav is offline Find More Posts by CarlosClav