HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:40 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
United Kingdom, England, Cambs
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCDme3D View Post
I know you're in another country, but "isn't that important"??? It doesn't open your eyes that two of the top designers have voiced their concerns over this?
Have you seen the progress the 3d designers have made in the past 10 years- if that isn't that important, then go back to brushed motors and nicads- you sound like you'd be satisfied.
Oh dear....

Sadly you are not on page

There is no drama here - there really isn't....unless I see Joe Smith flying the damn thing for HK

Its simple - you want the real thing I will help you out here go to this place http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/

If you want something that is a cheap copy then you know where to find it

I am not stupid and pretty much the silent majority aren't stupid and can tell the difference and will know the difference....

Here go buy a Rolex watch.....and be happy

http://www.fakerolexwatch.org/

Move along....Move along
Space Bat is offline Find More Posts by Space Bat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:40 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,213 Posts
Space Bat, I don't know what do you do for a living. I was an architect before and one of the reasons I stopped my designer career was people pay no respect to other people's hard work. And yes, I have done quite a lot of business in China but almost none right now. The creator of AJ Slick posted his concerns and I totally agree with him.

Funny how you mentioned the Alfa Romeo. I used to owned a turbo charged one and spent more than $10,000 to upgraded the brakes, the suspension systems and tires. I would not put any "Copy cat" pads into her just because they are half of the price.
Vince_TT is online now Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:44 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,122 Posts
Space,

I guess we can all have our views on this and I know the Chinese make a business out of copying stuff, but that doesn't make it right. If I were Andrew Jesky I'd feel a bit pi$$ed that someone was taking my design that I put in a great deal of time and effort to develop and blatantly ripping it off, and to rub salt into the wound making a parody of the name (3DHS > 3DHK .. coincidence)

Wouldn't you be a bit browned off if it was your design?

Steve
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
Space Bat, I don't know what do you do for a living. I was an architect before and one of the reasons I stopped my designer career was people pay no respect to other people's hard work. And yes, I have done quite a lot of business in China but almost none right now. The creator of AJ Slick posted his concerns and I totally agree with him.

Funny how you mentioned the Alfa Romeo. I used to owned a turbo charged one and spent more than $10,000 to upgraded the brakes, the suspension systems and tires. I would not put any "Copy cat" pads into her just because they are half of the price.
Yup have a turbo charged Alfa...and I am not bothered about getting cheaper brakes...as I eat them up - originals or not so are to me an affordable expendable just like the amount of oil required to fill it - do I always use Selenia - nope...

But when my car is serviced it goes to Alfa for all genuine parts and is reborn...again...I just don't get my knickers in a twist when I need things done in between....service intervals

But how many cars built in the USA or anywhere else have copied Alfa Romeo's innovative design ethos.....hell yeah lots....

This is not I think its right or wrong to copy stuff....this is more an intelligent opinion that stuff will be copied if it is worth copying...do you 'honestly' believe someone is stupid enough to buy this plane thinking they are getting a real 3DHS slick....Jeez
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:48 PM
Santi
United States, MO, Clayton
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Bat View Post
Oh dear....

Sadly you are not on page

There is no drama here - there really isn't....unless I see Joe Smith flying the damn thing for HK

Its simple - you want the real thing I will help you out here go to this place http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/

If you want something that is a cheap copy then you know where to find it

I am not stupid and pretty much the silent majority aren't stupid and can tell the difference and will know the difference....

Here go buy a Rolex watch.....and be happy

http://www.fakerolexwatch.org/

Move along....Move along
Space-- this is a completely different HK Slick than the first one.. This one looks much more identical. Of course we won't know for sure until someone gets their hands on one and compares the two. Hence- why you see andrew jeskey stepping in and speaking up... So when you say I'm not on page- sadly- i think you have it backwards.. It's not about drama- but I think AJ would like to know if his hard work was just stolen overseas.. This doesn't look like a cheap copy, it looks like a damn near carbon copy. That is why this is much different than just a ripped off color scheme.
DaaBears is offline Find More Posts by DaaBears
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:52 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Space,

I guess we can all have our views on this and I know the Chinese make a business out of copying stuff, but that doesn't make it right. If I were Andrew Jesky I'd feel a bit pi$$ed that someone was taking my design that I put in a great deal of time and effort to develop and blatantly ripping it off, and to rub salt into the wound making a parody of the name (3DHS > 3DHK .. coincidence)

Steve
No I wouldn't be browned off - why should I be - and I doubt AJ is either (did read his quote)...you can only come up with the one original....anything else just doesn't cut the cheese...

Stuff is being blatantly ripped off all the time...that's life...chances are everyone here has stolen someone elses idea...thought process...joke...etc

It's what we do....

I look at this plane and think Meh...

And so should everyone else and get a life...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:55 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
No I wouldn't be browned off - why should I be - and I doubt AJ is either...you can only come up with the one original....anything else just doesn't cut the cheese...

Stuff is being blatantly ripped off all the time...that's life...chances are everyone here has stolen someone elses idea...thought process...joke...etc

It's what we do....

I look at this plane and think Meh...

And so should everyone else and get a life...
If you weren't so busy telling us what 'smart' people think you would have seen AJs post just a few posts above yours.

And if you don't care why are you here stirring up more controversy? Seems a tad hypocritical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky View Post
Hey all,

I dont usually get into these types of discussions but I would like to know if and when someone receives this model if they could send some pics of it and if by chance they have a 3DHS Slick laying around to compare it to that would be great. If Hobbyking keeps on deciding to STEAL designs that are out there I have a feeling that the hobby will end up losing designs. Why should I put my hard work into designing a model when I know for a fact that it will just be ripped off and sold by some other company. I really hope that this plane is just close to the 3DHS Slick but I have a feeling that is almost identical in every way.

Andrew
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post

i d be proud,...very proud.
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
No I wouldn't be browned off - why should I be - and I doubt AJ is either...
Did you not just read Andrew Jesky's post a page back?
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
I can't even tell if he's talking about the same airplane we all are... I must not be smart or intelligent..
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
12,122 Posts
Quote:
No I wouldn't be browned off - why should I be - and I doubt AJ is either

he sounded pretty browned off to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Jesky View Post
Hey all,
......If Hobbyking keeps on deciding to STEAL designs that are out there I have a feeling that the hobby will end up losing designs. Why should I put my hard work into designing a model when I know for a fact that it will just be ripped off and sold by some other company. I really hope that this plane is just close to the 3DHS Slick but I have a feeling that is almost identical in every way.

Andrew
JetPlaneFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
zürich
Joined Jun 2008
1,074 Posts
just thinking about if we can call it stolen since it was not forbidden to take it
long leng is offline Find More Posts by long leng
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:00 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
If you weren't so busy telling us what 'smart' people think you would have seen AJs post just a few posts above yours.
Yeah I read it...

And he was quite clear on what he said...

Now are we saying 'now' that this plane is an exact copy of the plane and is just as good....???

remember the last version of this stuff..the plane was good - but it was no 3dhs plane and that was clear.....

When and a big when...and if - the copy cats make a plane 'As good' as the true designers and it directly replicates the quality of their design - then there is a problem....other than that you can put ultracote on turd and dress it up to look like something it isn't - it's still a turd dressed in ultracote...

Read what I am saying....

I am not advocating this practice - but this thread will only serve to put more coin into pockets on the back of all the people that think this is a genuine copy...where it doesn't rightly belong....

You aren't doing 3DHS any favours here...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:02 PM
Santi
Joined Nov 2003
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
just thinking about if we can call it stolen since it was not forbidden to take it
Not the time for technicalities. We aren't arguing law here... At least i'm not... Any lawyers out there??
Old Nov 19, 2012, 05:03 PM
Team Hillbilly (UK)
Joined Oct 2011
1,396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by long leng View Post
That CA fumes getting to you again Long