SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:18 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Does WD40 protect the plastic parts? I've not used WD40 that much. What about the metal parts on my car? Wipe them down with oil?
HoosierGuy is offline Find More Posts by HoosierGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:47 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
Does WD40 protect the plastic parts? I've not used WD40 that much. What about the metal parts on my car? Wipe them down with oil?
I don't know about protect but it sure brings out the shine on plastic. As for the metal parts if it is anodized aluminum I wouldn't worry about those parts. Metal drive shafts a lite oil like marvel or gun oil would be fine a little bit goes a very long way.

You picked a winner with the Rustler I have three of them one electric and two nitro. Here is my "old" Rusty It has a 2 cell lipo and brushless motor. I updated the drive yolks to steel ones. The front and rear bearing carriers have been updated. The gear box has been upgraded for brushless motor. It is a great basher
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Last edited by mredzadventure; Jan 08, 2013 at 10:52 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:00 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
I still can't believe how fun it was. These things are pretty cool. Can't wait for spring and summer!
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:52 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
OK, I know where and how to buy spare parts for my R.C. planes. But I don't know where to find parts for my new Rustler.

Lets say the stock motor burns up or something. What sites sell the same exact motor? Are they easy to find on ebay or other sites?
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:21 PM
SoCal, California
Joined Feb 2009
105 Posts
If you don't have any hobby stores near you like Hobby People or Ultimate Hobbies, you can order through their sites, or there are others like amain hobbies, tower hobbies, horizon hobbies, hot racing, etc.
PMDRACER is offline Find More Posts by PMDRACER
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:35 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Thanks. I checked a few of those sites online. Looks like I can get a replacement motor (when ever my stock one breaks) for around $22 or so. It's nice to know I will not have to order form China/Hong Kong and possible long shipping times.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:44 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,434 Posts
Before you throw away any of your old electronics check this out.
http://www.traxxas.com/v2/powerup/
Old Jan 10, 2013, 12:20 AM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
Before you throw away any of your old electronics check this out.
http://www.traxxas.com/v2/powerup/

I saw that in the manual or parts manual that came with my Traxxas. I looked it over for a few minutes. Are there a lot of people who use that service? I was sort of shocked to see it offered. I figured R.C. equipment, either planes or cars, take so much abuse there would be little demand for used equipment.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:13 PM
United States, IN
Joined Jan 2012
795 Posts
Do you guys and gals drive your R.C. cars hard? I mean, do you run them into mud puddles a lot? All the videos I see on youtube show the cars being driven hard. There was a little mud puddle where I was driving and I kept wanting to run into it every time I passed it. lol.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:29 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
I saw that in the manual or parts manual that came with my Traxxas. I looked it over for a few minutes. Are there a lot of people who use that service? I was sort of shocked to see it offered. I figured R.C. equipment, either planes or cars, take so much abuse there would be little demand for used equipment.
I have used it for a new engine for my T-Maxx and I am planning to trade in my old Traxxas radio for a new one just for a back up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy
Do you guys and gals drive your R.C. cars hard? I mean, do you run them into mud puddles a lot? All the videos I see on youtube show the cars being driven hard. There was a little mud puddle where I was driving and I kept wanting to run into it every time I passed it. lol.
Today 12:20 AM
I am the chief mechanic on all of my stuff so I tend to take it easy. My kid has no qualms about hitting it hard but he is going to fix the next one. I have been at this since the late 80's and I stay out of water more out of habit and it really makes the truck dirty. The newer stuff is "waterproof" more like water resistant so I think you will be all right. It can be hard on the bearings just don't put it away wet give it a very thorough cleaning.