any1 own one or know where i get review? tks
lacey is offline Find More Posts by lacey
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
Do you mean the Mad Spirit?

Tamiya Mad Spirit - test by MODEL TV (6 min 57 sec)
(not in english)

http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/showthread.php?t=229047

Regardless of what you find, I wouldn't buy one... Tamiya has discontinued them, so getting parts will be a pain.

https://www.tamiyausa.com/product/it...oduct-id=43529
wparsons is offline Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:24 AM
Joined Feb 2012
153 Posts
no its on donedeal? second hand but look close to new! its 150 euro so thats y i wanted to buy do ye not think its as good idea?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
Not much point in buying a car you can't get parts for.

Are you set on a nitro buggy? A decent brushless one will be faster and easier to maintain.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Joined Feb 2012
153 Posts
am not really these are my points can you give me your opinion please?

1. nitro running on grass/mud has same power electric it burns battery very fast?
2.nitro cheaper to start with?
3.does nitro fuel last long?
4.I plan on buying second hand as cheaper?
5.speed in not everything i want something fun and capable of driving through a field and mucky trails?
6. i don't mind doing some work on car after running it? as in cleaning and engine draining?
7. i am new to this, only experience is reading and messing around with toy grade rc electrics and brushed setups!

what do ye think?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:06 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
Lipo packs will give longer run times than a single tank of nitro. Nitro really isn't cheaper to start with, and you'll always have to buy more fuel.

A 1/10th scale buggy won't be very good in fields and mucky trails, you'll want something with bigger tires and more ground clearance.

A nitro engine will require tuning every single time you take it out, sometimes multiple times in the same day.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
153 Posts
does tuning take much time? can i nt jst look at manual fr it? what size u recomend? n what type of car b best for me/ tks
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:55 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
Depends how good you get at tuning. The manual will have guidelines, but you have to base it off how it sounds and how hot it is getting on any given day. Changing weather conditions can really effect how the engine is running and will need to be adjusted to run properly.

It can be frustrating for beginners, especially if you just want to get in a quick run.

For grass, fields, mucky trails, etc I would look into a 1/10th scale monster truck, they won't be super cheap, but they'll handle almost anything you can throw at them.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Feb 2012
153 Posts
thank you still thick ill go nitro i have to to play with tuning it am yeay thats my problem money the 1/16 sclae nitro on hobbyking wouldnt handle that kind of ground would it?
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:23 PM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,843 Posts
It's very small and close to the ground, so you'll be quite limited to the terrain it will handle.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
153 Posts
have u got any patricular model brand i should buy and what price? thanks