http://rc-modellscout.de/warnung-ora...dermodule.html
Kambalunga is offline Find More Posts by Kambalunga
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:21 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,503 Posts
So do I have that right, DMFV is Germany's MAAC/AMA?

Nice to see them stepping up and taking a stand on the subject. Germany has always been a leader in RC.

Here's hoping our NA bodies will follow their lead.
davidmc36 is online now Find More Posts by davidmc36
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:33 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,917 Posts
Here is a on line translation- inc errors in translation
The Chinese producer of transmitter modules was obviously not in a position to generate the GUI (Globally Unique ID) copy of spectrum. Therefore, only 8 different GUI copied from original spectrum transmitters. In practice this means:
The simultaneous operation of two of these modules in one place, it can happen that a module takes control of a foreign model.

From our perspective, this is a potential Gefärdung of material and especially the health of people who might come to harm through an uncontrolled crash.
We therefore----DO NOT---- recommend the purchase or even to forego use of these bad copies of the spectrum transmitter module.
(I added the DO NOT)
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:03 PM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,201 Posts
Both great German umbrella organizations warn now for this Orange modul
Deutscher Aeroclub technical committee for RC Frank Frank Tofharn.

xxxxsisches Roulette / Warnung !
Last edited by Kambalunga; Feb 24, 2013 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Before this anonym censor slams
Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:47 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
6,917 Posts
english rough translation
It is not the manufacturer apparently managed to crack the method for generating the hopping and Spreadingsequenz from the GUID of a transmitter for DSMX. So it has copied all appearances the GUID and the sequences of 8 channels (DX8) and copied to the Orange modules. That means in plain English, the it! Only 8 different GUID for ALL these modules are. If two modules with the same GUID operated on the site, they are mutually exclusive and disturbing, it can happen that a foreign model is checked. This is especially good in the air or the engine suddenly goes full throttle when someone is standing on or working model.

Although the user can switch between the GUID, but that there is a problem with the GUID, you realize when it's too late. Somehow this reminds me transferred to Russian roulette on the R / C field. A judgment as to what the vendors measure the safety of its customers like every form itself.

That would be just as if it e.g. only 8 to 35 MHz frequencies would be, no one knows at what frequency his transmitter works and there is no rate control.
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Feb 24, 2013, 10:39 PM
wjs
William
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Oct 2012
1,966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga View Post
The orange weakness in there DSMX implementation is that the not know how DSMX is implemented. The Orange can copy chips but the don't know the logic behind. The got cloned only orginal Spektrum DSMX modules.
Therefore only a limited ID space for the orange DSMX avaible.
Even if they copied the code byte for byte, that would not mean they could not implement and flash serial GUIDs. Are they saying all modules are using the same 8. Or each module has 8 unique IDs to loop over? Would be a big difference.
wjs is offline Find More Posts by wjs
Old Feb 25, 2013, 01:26 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,201 Posts
When the have the know how to use there own GUID then need the no multiple IDs. Then can the calculate the the jump chart on its own IDs and no need for an ID change.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Feb 25, 2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:17 AM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Even if they copied the code byte for byte, that would not mean they could not implement and flash serial GUIDs. Are they saying all modules are using the same 8. Or each module has 8 unique IDs to loop over? Would be a big difference.
The problem is that nobody knows. Hobby King says that each module has 5 assigned, from a pool of 4 billion. I notice their description now refers to "binding issues with other branded receivers" as being when you need to change ID, rather than before where they referred to someone else controlling your model. I wonder where the 8 comes from, actual testing? Earlier in this thread one of the posters went through the change ID procedure 50 or more time without it coming back to the original. Has the module's GUID and Change ID design been revised?

By the way I wonder if the German organisation is aware that the module isn't CE approved. There's a CE mark, but no approval number. When I asked Hobby King they first played dumb. Then when I asked if it was legal in Europe the response was "This product is good to deliver to Europe however regarding to legal issues, we strongly suggest you to check with your country's state of law as we are unable to predict whether this item is legal or not. "

That's a cop-out big time. Hobby King must be well aware of the approval processes around the world, after all they have gone through them for many of their products. I wonder whether they know that it wouldn't meet the standards, or whether they just don't want to pay out for the testing.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 25, 2013, 02:54 AM
Deutschland, Hessen, LA
Joined Jan 2009
1,201 Posts
Orange know that the have ID problems, the have cloned some orginal Spektrum RF-Modules. That is once already thievery. In the proper meaning of the word who buys such a modul is a receiver of stolen goods.

Quote:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...88X2212X19.pdf
Change ID
If there is another transmitter on site, it can take control of your model without binding. You need to use a small pin to press the Change ID button for a few seconds, then you will hear a beep, this means this module's ID have changed, release the button. Whenever you have changed the ID, you need to rebind all your receivers to his DSM2 2.4GHz Transmitter Module again.
The DAEC RC referent Frank Tofahrn is the head of the ERM Test-Lab at the IMST GmbH.
DMFV RC referent Dieter Perkuhn is HF-engineer too.
DMFV and DAEC know that this modul has no EU conformity declaration and therefore is the CE mark a fake or stand for china export, Be Aware of the China Export mark !!! . Furthermore no FCC approval nor something else approval.
Last edited by Kambalunga; Feb 25, 2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:42 AM
Su-27's Rule!
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
751 Posts
I'm ordering one from my LHS
Q 1 is the problem fixed?
2 does it still work after one year?

Thanks
Su-33 is online now Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A cheap way to measure Kv
Old Feb 25, 2013, 09:59 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,588 Posts
Which problem? If you mean the unstable channel 2, then yes.
About working after one year I'm afraid it's a bit early to answer as it's only been out there for about 3 months.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:10 AM
Proud member of LISF and ESL
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
24,372 Posts
Let me sum this up, not because I know anything but because I am trying to understand.

No one has ever had a conflict between to aircraft/receivers with the orange module.

The concern is that the inclusion of a GUID switch implies that there could be a conflict

The German modeling association, for lack of a better term, has recommended against using the Orange modules based on concerns, but there have been no instances of conflict to date.

There is doubt that these are legal in Europe.

Do I have this right?
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:17 AM
Happy FPV flyer
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Sep 2006
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
And they are definitely not legal in the US, due to the lack of FCC certification and ID.
Kilrah is online now Find More Posts by Kilrah
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:03 PM
Joined Apr 2010
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeajr View Post
That's correct because the absence of the CE declaration means that we do not know that it conforms with EU requirements or not. Lack of CE would make it illegal for a retailer to sell in the EU, but not illegal for an individual to import. Lack of CE does not make it illegal to use, unless it fails to meet the EU requirements and it would be up to the user to satisfy himself on that score. Some organisations, such as the BMFA in the UK, prohibit their members from using non-CE marked gear but that's an association rule not a legality.

Myself I wonder in what way it might not comply. Power is within limits, depending on the antenna fitted, and frequency surely must be reasonably accurate or it wouldn't work with Spektrum receivers. An RF expert may comment.
aesmith is offline Find More Posts by aesmith
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:11 PM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,070 Posts
As mentioned in another thread the box containing the module and caling it out has both FCC and CE mark on it. The module, itself, has the CE mark on it. I do not see and FCC ID number.
Rich in ILM is offline Find More Posts by Rich in ILM