HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:40 PM
United States, CA, Oakland
Joined Dec 2003
5 Posts
Discussion
USA Team Selection Process for F3P

In order for the USA to send an F3P team to a FAI F3P World Championship, we need to establish a new F3P Team Program at the AMA. The AMA "Blue Book" for World Championship Teams states that a petition must be submitted to the AMA at least 18 months prior to a scheduled World Championship. It is for this reason that we could not send a team to the WC in Germany in February 2013 since we did not know about the 2013 WC until April 2012 and we would have had to have established a team selection process by November 2010.

I'm going to be submitting a petition to the AMA which will contain a list of at least 20 current AMA members that would be willing to participate in an F3P team selection process. If you would like to be included in the petition then please email me your contact information (including email address) so that I can send you the information and have you sign it and send it back to me. I will then submit this information to the AMA. The hope and plan is that we can hold a team selection event in 2014 which would allow us to send a team of 3 pilots to the WC (and perhaps a junior as well).

My email address is derekkoopowitz at gmail dot com.

BTW, also wanted to find out from current/past/future ETOC pilots if the ETOC should use the current F3P schedules - it seems that this would better prepare US (and international pilots) for F3P and should hopefully stimulate interest at the F3P level in the US.
DerekK is offline Find More Posts by DerekK
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 06:44 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
322 Posts
Relevant thread here -

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1771400

With the demise of the host facility in PA, the KIEF indoor event ceased to exist, but it had been the location of an F3P contest for 3 years. Organizers of the Holiday Electric Fly in Geneva, OH have approved an F3P event at this years event. With limited time to prepare, it will not be sanctioned or in exact accordance with FAI regulations, but it will be as close as we can make it. Additionally, Basic and Intermediate classes will be offered and the Aeromusical portion will serve as a qualifier for 2013 ETOC.

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322