Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:29 AM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Question
Moderation question.

I've waited a few days to make sure I am not knee-jerk reacting to being asked to edit my posts.

Here are the two threads in question:

T-6A Texan II, by Unique Models - Finally!

New P-51D 1.2m WS foamie with Sliding Canopy, EPO, Retracts

I have edited the posts in question, but have some concerns.

I was warned in two threads, where I was asking existing owners of specific models which spares they would like to see stocked, as no dealer or distributor currently offers replacement parts. I honestly fail to see how that constitutes outright advertisement or promotion of my site, but I will be more careful in the future.

I have read and re-read the relevant rules section. I have been here for eight years, a never received a single point up till this past weekend. I consciously try to make sure my posts provide useful information, and help the people who already own these planes. (I own and fly these specific planes too, after all). I fully intend to ensure no further points are awarded. I do hope though, that should any reports be lodged, the source of the complaints is considered.

I was also told not to promote my business in another user's thread. This confuses me a little, as it seems like most kits/models have a single thread to keep all the relevant information in one place. The opening post did not indicate the original poster was a vendor (or I wouldn't have posted there). Why then create multiple threads with duplicate information? Are you suggesting that I am barred from posting in any existing threads? I sure hope not. Please provide a little clarification on this point.

Regards, RG
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:45 PM
Tinkerer in Training
Guelph, ON
Joined Sep 2004
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGinCanada View Post
I was also told not to promote my business in another user's thread. This confuses me a little, as it seems like most kits/models have a single thread to keep all the relevant information in one place. The opening post did not indicate the original poster was a vendor (or I wouldn't have posted there). Why then create multiple threads with duplicate information? Are you suggesting that I am barred from posting in any existing threads? I sure hope not. Please provide a little clarification on this point.
Regards, RG
Giving this a bump. Can you clarify the boundaries for me please.
RGinCanada is offline Find More Posts by RGinCanada
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:02 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,338 Posts
RG
Next time don't edit your posts and appeal the warnings. That way we can take a look and verify if your posts did or didn't break any rules. I don't think your post in the P51 thread should have been warned.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator