to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:19 AM
Find More Posts by Daytonarc
United States, FL, Daytona Beach
Joined Sep 2012
88 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard hanson View Post
My own procedure - is to enter bind -holding switch/button etc., till i see a reading on the screen (on screen equipped radios) noting the bind is complete.
On non screen models of tx - I just watch the rx till the flash stops then let go the switch.
which or what other visual aid do you think is best?
This proceedure may end up with the failsafe reverting to default which is fine unless the throttle servo is reversed in the model. If the throttle servo is reversed in the model default failsafe will result in wide open throttle. That is what started this post. release the switch as soon as bind mode starts.
Daytonarc is offline Find More Posts by Daytonarc
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:20 PM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
19,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonarc View Post
This proceedure may end up with the failsafe reverting to default which is fine unless the throttle servo is reversed in the model. If the throttle servo is reversed in the model default failsafe will result in wide open throttle. That is what started this post. release the switch as soon as bind mode starts.
Yes. That's what Spektrum says and it works!
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:36 AM
Find More Posts by tjones99
Joined May 2013
63 Posts
More on an old thread...

While slightly off topic I thought this still relevant to this thread even though it is an old thread...

I was having trouble with failsafe on Ar6210 bound to a DX9 transmitter. All DSMX mode.

I ran into two interesting issues...

First no matter what I had the sticks set to, the throttle always seemed to just remain where it was when signal was lost when I was using the Ar6210 Rx but would go to the programmed failsafe when using an OrangeRx 615 Rx (which I find has way poorer range... I much prefer the AR6210). What seemed to be the issue was the way I hooked my radio to my quadcopter drone (APM flight controller). I chose the neat wiring approach and hooked the radio outputs to the APM inputs 1 to 1 which it turns out is different for my new Spektrum compared to my old Flysky/Turnigy Rx... Skeptrum uses TAER channel order and the Turnigy order AETR matches the APM expected inputs... but hey, I now have this fancy radio that lets me remap channels... so I remapped it so my wiring could remain 1 to 1 and things worked with the OrangeRx receiver where failsafe did what was expected but the Spektrum Rx did not (more on "what was expected" later in issue two... It seemed that the Spektrum Rx was still doing the failsafe on the Rx end by shutting down the FIRST channel (its normal Throttle) where when I was using the orangeRx the third channel was going to failsafe programmed setting... Anyways, solution was to wire the TAER Rx outputs properly into the APM AETR inputs then all was happy...

Propble two was the "what was expected" part... it wasn't REALLY what I expected... When you bind at zero throttle, that's what it goes to on lost signal... may be fine for a plane... but for a drone, that's the "drop from the sky" position... (that was fun to watch first time I lost signal before figuring this out...) What my old radio did that I took for granted was to go to a value BELOW the normal low stick position which triggers the APM flight controller to a failsafe mode that I set to return to launch... A work around I found was to trim the throttle all the way down and stick low at bind time, that's below the APM failsafe threshold, then after bind return throttle trim to neutral.

Hope this helps others that stumble onto this old thread...
tjones99 is offline Find More Posts by tjones99
Old Dec 12, 2015, 11:00 AM
Find More Posts by ivanc
S.A.D. member
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Dec 2004
11,301 Posts
With Spektrum receivers throttle failsafe works ONLY on the channel marked as THROTTLE on the receiver and that happens to be channel 1. If you are using a different channel for throttle the failsafe on that channel will depend on the receiver and/or how the failsafe was set for that channel - either hold last position or go to a predetermined (during bind) position. The AR6210 supports only throttle preset failsafe (for channel 1) and holds the last position for channels 2 through 5.

Ivan
ivanc is offline Find More Posts by ivanc