Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:38 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,091 Posts
Welcome back Joe. I'm still a bit out of the DS scene but I hope you've gotten calls from your old friends to take you up on spending some time on the hill and are re-living the blasts from the past and making new memories!

If I head up towards Parker I'll be giving you a call.

Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2012, 02:07 PM
Lancaster, CA.
Joined Aug 2009
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfTheHill View Post
Well I'm back. Took my two dogs and drove straight through. What usually takes 22-23 hours took 29 hours with them but i wouldn't have it any other way.

If anyone is flying or doing some serious building and wouldn't mind company, please let me know. I'm going crazy in my mind having nothing to do but think about the past and trying to figure out what happened and could really benefit from old friends and building/fixing planes.

My # is 210-376-0915
Hey Joe I noticed a mistake on your phone number and thought people should have the correct one.
210-376-0914
HiDesertFun is online now Find More Posts by HiDesertFun
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
Lancaster, CA.
Joined Aug 2009
300 Posts
does anybody recognize the guy in the middle with the smiling face? It's JOe back from Texas and he said this was the first time he had smiled in a while.
Great to see you back in So Cal enjoying yourself.

Bruce flew his Beevo and his carbon bird.
Ray flew his wing, carbon destiny and another foame plane.
JOe flew his light JW
I flew my Vector DS, NYX and a Swift 2 foam wing
A couple of times we had a Fur Ball going with a little banging which was a lot of fun.
Wind was 20-25 from the NE top speed was Bruce's carbon bird at 171 mph

Tim
HiDesertFun is online now Find More Posts by HiDesertFun
Last edited by HiDesertFun; Nov 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:40 AM
ETS....Energy retention system
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,330 Posts
Great shot... Way to go , great to see some smiles

Tim
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:36 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,173 Posts
Great Stuff!
sll914 is online now Find More Posts by sll914
Old Nov 24, 2012, 03:54 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,473 Posts
Yeah great stuff. I have to note, from the other side of the world, that I felt a chuff of pride that I've spent time with each of you guys!
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:57 AM
quickee
United States, UT, Sandy
Joined Jul 2005
661 Posts
Joe
Nice to see that smiling face
Looking forward to more great pics
Welcome back
-Ron-
quickee is offline Find More Posts by quickee
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:55 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Thanks guys. The sound alone was like music to me. I threw a jw together quickly with a radio that didn't have end points on the plank but flew the heck out of it anyways . Thanks for the help guys
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Old Nov 24, 2012, 08:40 PM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,166 Posts
That is wicked! I love this hobby!

Great to see you back in the air, JOe!
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
Spoooooon!
San Fernando Valley, California, United States
Joined May 2003
3,786 Posts
Welcome Home Joe!
TheTick is online now Find More Posts by TheTick
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Energic
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:23 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,952 Posts
Glad you are back to where the heart is Joe. Sorry to hear about Marina. Perhaps this is just a form of pre wedding jitters. I hope things work out. Too bad I didn't get to see you while you were in Texas. DS on my friend.
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:17 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
Welcome Home Joe!
Thanks Ben. Not exactly how i wanted to return to CA but it was a bit out of my control considering the speed at which everything happened. Im really going to miss the gun laws in Texas and my 1,000 yard shooting club that was just relaxing and fun at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTatious View Post
Glad you are back to where the heart is Joe. Sorry to hear about Marina. Perhaps this is just a form of pre wedding jitters. I hope things work out. Too bad I didn't get to see you while you were in Texas. DS on my friend.
Yeah, im so sorry Austin. Ive been fighting the cancer and tumors for a while now and its just so hard to predict anything and try and plan on being somewhere from one day to the next let alone even from hour to hour.

This isn't pre wedding jitters i think. She got a new job position in the medical company she works for and she turned out to be their only Auditor? that i guess goes to all of their facilities all over the globe where they are assembling all sorts of medical supplies and she is there for a few weeks at a time. I think between myself being home really sick and her worrying all the time and then her seeing the world and knowing that for the foreseeable future i wouldn't be going with her was just scary for her and i think she just grew faster than myself in life. She was moving forward and i was fighting to stay alive. I was shocked she broke it off and still am. We never got in 1 single fight in 11 years and have always gotten along great in any situation from a super long boring car ride to just hanging out relaxing watching tv at night. I wish i knew why or what i did wrong? or if i did anything wrong to begin with but she was my rock. I have no family and she was everything to me. It was hard hearing that i was being "Given" 3-9 months to live but losing her was FAR worse news. IMO i wish she would of just stuck it out and just been an adult in the situation and let me die, she would of got a good chunk of money from my life insurance policy lol....

JOe
Old Nov 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
C'mon more Energy
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2005
3,213 Posts
Someone give that man a Destiny! Or maybe a new glass JW.

JOe you have always inspired me and a stack of us in Australia, and I assume the rest of the worlds DS community. You kicking ass with a Destiny and building JWs then posting crazy speeds was what really helped me step up to building fast foam and Destinys.

For a purely selfish nostalgic reson I would love to see you do a build thread on a glass JW then see you fly the guts out of it! That pic posted up the above by Tim is a good one. We want to see more like that soon.
Swoopdown is offline Find More Posts by Swoopdown
Old Nov 26, 2012, 05:16 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,642 Posts
Thanks. I hope to burn many more circles but until i can get approved for Disability HOPEFULLY before the cancer really knocks me down, i just don't see there being any money to buy let alone building materials and thats not counting the energy i don't have anymore but am fighting to get back.

Im happy enough with a little foamy laughing in a circle of foam or just taking photographs.

JOe
Old Nov 26, 2012, 11:14 PM
DS Addict
Christchurch, New Zealand
Joined Jul 2005
5,166 Posts
I second what Swoop said. You are the reason I bought my C Destiny, and hence broke the NZ record not long after. I followed your build thread to the T
ALEX HEWSON is offline Find More Posts by ALEX HEWSON
RCG Plus Member