HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:17 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Discussion
Moving back to Socal. Marina asked me to leave

So for those that know me know Marina my fiancee. I guess we are "Taking a break" clock me as i hold my breath.

Anyhow, so im moving back to CA and even as medically jacked up i am with cancer and a new brain tumor, i look forward to meet up with some great old flying buddies as well as the new hotshots killing records left and right.

I really look forward to being able to look around and see mountains everywhere again. I'll be moving back to santa clarita so i'll luckily be close to Parker Mt although it looks like its died off quite a bit over the past few years.

Anyhow. Life has dealt me a bad hand but i want to do what i can to find the good in it all.

Cya guys soon. Looks like i'll be back before the weekend or roughly that time period.

P.S. bill you still suck
KingOfTheHill is offline Find More Posts by KingOfTheHill
Last edited by KingOfTheHill; Nov 13, 2012 at 07:05 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:01 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2003
1,235 Posts
Sorry to hear about Marina situation but we sure are looking forward to seeing you on the hill!
sll914 is offline Find More Posts by sll914
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:31 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll914 View Post
Sorry to hear about Marina situation but we sure are looking forward to seeing you on the hill!
Thanks Spencer. How have you all been down there with those pretty hills and big wind?

As dumb as it sounds Flying DS with some of the best people ive ever met has still been the highlight of my life. I had stopped flying a bit about the year or so before i moved to Texas since i knew i was sick but not to the degree it actually was.

I sold everything I owned that made up the puzzle of my life to move here for 3 years and support marina in her move here to chase her business desire to climb the corporate ladder. I sure wish I had a crystal ball and just stayed there. Kept my Cuda' my Corvette, overall my entire existence up until that point in time ya know.

Its been a crazy stressful 3 years of seizures, coma's and hospitalizations but im doing everything in my power to try and look at the bright side like flying with you guys again. like i said, sounds dumb but Flying was the prime of my life thus far. I wish i could go back to that point in time... things used to be so good. Now i get blindsided by Marina suddenly not happy anymore and wants me to leave?.... Im just blown away.

Sorry for rambling LOL. Can't wait to see how you guys have grown and the kind of quality airframes you guys are capable of building now!

Look forward to seeing you again Spencer. I'll for sure keep in touch
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Apr 2012
72 Posts
Hey Joe, it will be great to have you back home in socal where u belong with all the great flying spots. So sorry to hear about Marina, you know how it goes, " Bitches be crazy". We are all here for you, if you need some planes to fly, please don't hesitate to contact me. I would be happy to help you get back in the air and get the smile back.

Tony Vu - Lake Forest Ca.
Tonyatrre is offline Find More Posts by Tonyatrre
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:49 PM
Stay in it!!!!
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Aug 2004
5,052 Posts
Looking forward to having you back JOe. I think I could dig up something for you to fly. Get a hold of me if you get time. I'll never forget the day we found Mars. We might have to get back up there for old times sake. Talk to you soon.

Joe
joe manor is offline Find More Posts by joe manor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:51 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,253 Posts
Sorry to hear it but glad you'll be back here, where your heart is.

I've got plenty for you to fly. Do you still have a transmitter?
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:47 PM
R.I.P
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jan 2010
3,564 Posts
That suck so bad Joe! At least now you are free of any commitments and can live in a ds paradice. All the best mate
josh18 is offline Find More Posts by josh18
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:59 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh18 View Post
That suck so bad Joe! At least now you are free of any commitments and can live in a ds paradice. All the best mate
with a huge IF i don't give in to my surgeons and let them start hacking my throat/neck and lower left side of my jaw to stop the cancer from spreading.

I figure at the very least, the peace i obtain from being on top of a hill in a beautiful breeze of the offshore winds DS'ing the backside of Parker with the sun setting in the background.

Ive been surrounded by so much ugly and suffering in the cancer centers and going from floor to floor progressively seeing these people get worse and worse like a slide show to the point they are begging to die. I figure nomatter how the dice roll, i am going to fill myself with so much enjoyment and peace i have been able to obtain in nature on a mountain. Sounds a bit like some hippy BS but thats how i feel up there with the wind blowing in my face.

Ha, just remembered I met Marina when i first saw what DSing/Slope soaring was. The 2nd day we hung out i had a new Zagi 5c, my 1st plane that she wanted to see what the big deal was and i couldn't fly yet let alone repeated crashes trying to GET to the back, She thought i was crazy because she said "You look like my dog playing fetch with himself. You are just throwing it and walking to pick it up" not verbatim but that was the just of it. I remember on that trip up, when she got scared close to the top and the rut was deep and i was in a small car and she grabbed my arm in real fear and i just laughed telling her its all good, i got it.

I didn't think of that until i typed that first portion. My mind has been royally Screwed up lol...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:53 AM
ERS....Energy Retention System
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,593 Posts
Not cool JOe.. My thoughts are with you mate.. Get up that hill and have some fun..

Tim
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:21 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Im trying. Still packing and in serious pain and now my 2nd opinion came back from my oncologist that the cancer in my left area of my neck all the way up to my lower jaw has spread and they want to remove half of my jaw and cut out about 1/4 of the meat in my neck. If i don't do it ASAP they fear it will continue to spread up the side of my face taking out my ear/eye/ and whats inbetween.

Marina doesn't even know that has happened since i didn't want to scare her for no reason until i got my 2nd opinion. And then before i got that 2nd opinion she already asked me to leave.

Im an emotional train wreck i guess and now trying to deal with all of this, moving, losing the woman i love for the last 11 years and we were getting married 12-12-12 next month.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:46 AM
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
4,687 Posts
Geeez Joe, not good. Really sorry for you. You're a good soul ... we really appreciated your help getting Alex to Weldon in April and it was good to meet you, though brief. Sounds corny but I hope there's some kind of healing in getting back to your roots and hopefully wind in your face on some good hills with good mates.
AvB is online now Find More Posts by AvB
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:37 PM
Jim in San Diego
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2002
4,110 Posts
Wow Joe,

So sorry to hear of all that you're going through and now heaping on the relationship part

Get back to the hills with the wind in your face and the beautiful views to where your head and heart should be.

I realize we don't really know each other and you wouldn't be able to pick me out of a group of flyers but i will always remember one particular day out at Parker. The day was warm and the SA started to smooth out and mellow and a bunch of us were in the foam furball laughing it up. I heard the taunts and teases from you and a few of the guys that I'd heard so many times before watching all of the videos here on groups and almost lost the plane a few times from the wind and laughter tears in my eyes

I sincerely hope things start to turn for the better for you soon and I can't imagine a better therapy than standing on that hill taking it all in and getting back that feeling that we all share.

Good luck with it all,
Jim
Pismo is offline Find More Posts by Pismo
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:35 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,253 Posts
Well said Jim.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:29 PM
ERS....Energy Retention System
gold coast australia
Joined Aug 2008
5,593 Posts
+1 on that....
timbuck is offline Find More Posts by timbuck
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Gizmo 36 pics
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:53 AM
Ninja of the Nasty
Joined Jan 2004
10,652 Posts
Well I'm back. Took my two dogs and drove straight through. What usually takes 22-23 hours took 29 hours with them but i wouldn't have it any other way.

If anyone is flying or doing some serious building and wouldn't mind company, please let me know. I'm going crazy in my mind having nothing to do but think about the past and trying to figure out what happened and could really benefit from old friends and building/fixing planes.
Last edited by KingOfTheHill; Nov 24, 2012 at 02:57 PM.