SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:24 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Kingdom of Sweden, Dalarna County, Sater
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Actually, now that I think about it... I do! I have a cheapo RC car that broke down a couple of months ago and it has a brushed motor.

I need to do the same. I can't spent more on stuff this month, not yet anyways. I want to buy lots of hardware, like silicone wire, shrinkwrap, bullet connectors etc. Stuff I'm running low on. But I just spent 230+ bucks on a complete FBL heli kit + electronics and Tarot XYZ-S FBL controller from Hobbyking sooo.... Yeah. I'm seriously addicted to this. Since late 2011 I've ordered stuff for 4745 USD from Hobbyking! When I saw that sum I was actually a little shocked. :P

I still need to weigh my setup, it certainly feels... Heavy. Then again, when I compared the weight to my 50g Turnigy D2826 motor I couldn't really feel a big difference between the two. So maybe I'm still good.
WiseDuck is offline Find More Posts by WiseDuck
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:12 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Heheh I just bought just about 3 entire new multicopters all at once.
My wallet is currently seeking psychiatric help.
So im not buying anything else anymore for a little while either.
Freakazoid is offline Find More Posts by Freakazoid
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:13 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
Heheh I just bought just about 3 entire new multicopters all at once.
My wallet is currently seeking psychiatric help.
So im not buying anything else anymore for a little while either.
Sorry.. i didn't help you on that..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:45 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Just checked the weight of the whole thing. 50 grams or so. I can probably shave off a bit of weight if I switch to enamel wire for the power distribution. I'm also going to shorten a few wires. The lipo lead is about 10cm, it only needs to be 2.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Ugh, turns out I threw out the RC car along with the motor a couple of days ago. I'm sorta tempted to try this: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._1mtr_Red.html

2A max though, but I've always found these estimates be on the low side. 2A would probably be around or just over hover throttle, the props will most likely help cool the wires quite well. Seems like this build will take a while to finish. I want to get it right the first time and this kind of wire would make it very easy to make it look neat and tidy. Think I'll order a bunch of it right now.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:51 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
I got that wire, its REALLY flimsy, not sure if it ll take 2A.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:06 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Do you have any other suggestions? 24AWG just won't cut it, I've tried to use them and they're much bigger than what I need for this build.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:12 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Maybe grab some montage wire from ebay? I had a quick look, it goes down to 30AWG and probably even smaller.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:16 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
I guess thats what Im gonna have to do then. :P I probably need to go for either 28awg or 30. The hole I drilled for the power distribution cannot take four 24awg wires, or 8 of them. (positive and negative) I want to run everything through that hole to keep it nice and clean.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:24 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Alright, just ordered a few things from a website I found.

2 meters of: http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...ne/index.shtml
2 meters of: http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...ne/index.shtml
3 pars of: http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...rs/index.shtml

One of these, should come in handy! http://www.micronwings.com/Products/...nt/index.shtml

Here's hoping the props are better than the shoddy 3020 props from Hobbyking. They look nicer but I have no idea what the pitch is. They're not quite as long as the 3020 props (82mm vs 75 mm) but hopefully that won't make a huge difference.

And now we wait. As usual I'll post more later when I've had a chance to work on this thing.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 04:50 AM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
Ha, a micro power distribution board. neat.

Im still waiting on the ESC/motor to do some testing..

Sometimes I feel half our hobby is just waiting and sitting around with your thumb up your....
Old Feb 06, 2013, 05:15 AM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Such is life when you have to rely in airmail to get your stuff. Paying for any kind of fast shipping on such small items is just not going to happen. I think Ive spent more time on building stuff than actually flying. I have more things that fly than I need. :P
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
Mmmmmmm!
Joined Oct 2011
3,352 Posts
Welp, sorry to say this but I think I'm also abandoning this one. It's just too difficult to make this work. The whole thing has been put together now but one motor sounds pretty bad and another one cogs a lot when you go above a certain throttle value. It also gets very warm for whatever reason.

Just too many problems to iron out. Ugh. >< What a shame. I guess I'm gonna have to find another micro-FPV platform. I want good range though, so the tiny quads out there with toy-ish transmitters just won't do.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:31 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseDuck View Post
Welp, sorry to say this but I think I'm also abandoning this one. It's just too difficult to make this work. The whole thing has been put together now but one motor sounds pretty bad and another one cogs a lot when you go above a certain throttle value. It also gets very warm for whatever reason.

Just too many problems to iron out. Ugh. >< What a shame. I guess I'm gonna have to find another micro-FPV platform. I want good range though, so the tiny quads out there with toy-ish transmitters just won't do.
That's sad...
Mine was working fine, maybe you just need to try other esc ?

Cost is high.. but take a look
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/p...oducts_id=6979
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:08 PM
Roosendaal, Netherlands
Joined Dec 2004
2,820 Posts
I'm still waiting on the motors/props/brushed ESC for my little hubsan conversion experiment.
If that setup pans out well enough, I could look into cramming FPV onto it as well.
Though im not holding my breath..

But yeah, micro quads are a right pain in the arse arent they..
Atleast im nolonger surprised there aren't that many out there.