HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Harlan, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:04 PM
United States, IL, Naperville
Joined Aug 2005
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Sold
Top Flite Metrick Partial Kit

I was inventorying my kits the other day and opened the box containing my Top Flite Metrick. I noticed that the box looked torn about two thirds of the way from the right side. It turns out that someone apparently bent that box and broke all of the longest stringers and the two slab sides of the airplane. The stringers obviously aren't a major problem, but the fuse sides will need to be recut. Since the two pieces of the fuse sides are there, it won't be a problem to cut new pieces, but it will be a hassle.

For the record, the rest of the kit is there and complete including the plan and the instruction sheet. All of the parts that are broken in two are still in the box. I'll ship it to any CONUS address for $40. I accept Paypal or postal money order.
Harlan is online now Find More Posts by Harlan
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:12 AM
Fly It Like You Stole It !!
United States, MA, Pittsfield
Joined Sep 2011
240 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
I have one of these kits I built 30 years ago and still fly it once-in-a -while. It's a lot of fun and was way ahead of it's time as a 2 M with full flying stab. A very fun and easy kit to build.

It's worth double the $40 you are asking. Someone scoop this up before it's too late.

Murph
Paulbilbo91z9f is offline Find More Posts by Paulbilbo91z9f
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:20 AM
United States, FL, Shalimar
Joined Jan 2009
310 Posts
Trader Rating: 58
I'll take it. Send me your pay pal address.

Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlan View Post
I was inventorying my kits the other day and opened the box containing my Top Flite Metrick. I noticed that the box looked torn about two thirds of the way from the right side. It turns out that someone apparently bent that box and broke all of the longest stringers and the two slab sides of the airplane. The stringers obviously aren't a major problem, but the fuse sides will need to be recut. Since the two pieces of the fuse sides are there, it won't be a problem to cut new pieces, but it will be a hassle.

For the record, the rest of the kit is there and complete including the plan and the instruction sheet. All of the parts that are broken in two are still in the box. I'll ship it to any CONUS address for $40. I accept Paypal or postal money order.
jolly01 is offline Find More Posts by jolly01
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:05 AM
United States, IL, Naperville
Joined Aug 2005
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 24
Gentlemen:

Chris Hawkins agreed to the $40 via a private message this morning at 5:15am. Although I appreciate the offers to buy it for more than I asked, I have to be ethical about it and go with the first guy to meet my price.

If Chris doesn't take it for some reason, I'll go to the next guy in line.

Thanks for the offers,
Harlan
Harlan is online now Find More Posts by Harlan
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
Joined Apr 2005
402 Posts
Trader Rating: 10
Very fair, Harlan! A nice price at that also. For a quickie repair and build, someone could just carefully glue the broken fuselage sides together and add doublers for strength. Adds some weight, however, where it's not needed! The Metric is not a 'floater' but it certainly does look great (I used the color scheme of the Metric pictured on the box for my Sagitta 600!).
HIR/Cer is offline Find More Posts by HIR/Cer
Closed Thread