HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2003, 08:54 PM
PiLoTuS pArKfLyIcOuS
Dub Cee, California
Joined Aug 2002
928 Posts
which prop adapter do i need for an omega 1.8?

i just picked one up and the prop adapter doesnt seem to fit flush with the front of the fuse. im new to e-sailplanes so i dont know what i need exactly.

right now the spinner or cone seems to be a lot bigger than the nose of the fuse, thats the best way to describe it. looks funny and i bet will cause more drag. it also sits way forward and there's a larger than usual gap between the back of the spinner and the front of the nose.

typically, how/what do you measure to get the proper fit? is it the diameter of the most forward part of the fuse?

please help
torcgolf is offline Find More Posts by torcgolf
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2003, 09:10 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Motor needs to be set back so there is very little gap between the spinner and fuselage. Small washers can help here, or a second bulkhead glued behind the first (measure first!!)
Spinner diameter (at it's widest point) needs to match the diameter at the front of the fuselage.
You choose the appropriate size spinner when you order the parts.

Here's a shot of a motor pushed back a little by an additional ply bulkhead (really a spacer - it's not glued to anything) mounted behind the factory-supplied motor mound (which is flush with the front - not ideal in most cases). The Graupner spinner/collet-style prop adater fits over the exposed mount bolts just fine (but many others will not).

Click to enlarge

..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W