RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 07:43 AM
Gorilla Glue Expert
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Sep 2010
2,744 Posts
Oh, so very true! But utterly lost on that organized, focused German mind! Objectives exist in there to be met; consequential trivialities are to be brushed aside and dealt with at other, scheduled, time periods.

In other words, first things first. And stop whining to me, husband, about your higher needs - how could you spend money on YOURSELF at this time of year?? Very poor form. It's impounded until that day.

36 years - and uncounted similar events - later, I have painfully come to understand how one can decisively win the battle....but utterly lose the war. I choose my battles with care now.
PikeStaff is online now Find More Posts by PikeStaff
Old Dec 05, 2012, 07:25 AM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Out of stock. :-(
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:24 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynexhobby View Post
Hi guys,

Just want to introduce the Vortex Dynamic Balancer for EDF enthusiasts. The Vortex is full blown dynamic balancer and vibration spectrum analyser. Most commercial systems start at $2000 and upwards. The Vortex sells for only $150.

A lot of R&D has gone into the Vortex. It uses industry methods for dynamic balancing. The spectrum analysis tool is useful for diagnosing complex problems with EDF setups. We also include free web based software for analysis.

Finally a dedicated dynamic balancer for RC!!

For more information please follow this link.

www.dynexhobby.com

Enjoy!

DH.
I ordered my analyzer on Nov 30th, and paid via instant paypal for both the item and for shipping.

I see now the item is on backorder, and though you confirmed my order via email, you never sent me any shipping/tracking info/confirmation.

Did you send the item?

If so, about how long can I expect it to take, and can you please provide tracking information.

If not, how long do you expect to be on backorder?

If it is more than a week, then I'd like a refund, since I was led to believe this was an in-stock new item.

Thanks!

PS: I'd make this inquiry via your online web store, but it is not allowing me to log in, and while there was at one time a tab marked "Order History" on the site, I no longer see that tab.
tracknoob is online now Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:42 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,152 Posts
And a bit of further info -- since it would not let me log in, I tried "reset password" email link with both Firefox 17.01, and with IE -- neither one worked, including while allowing all scripts and redirects.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:59 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,635 Posts
I guess you missed the huge

info@dynexhobby.com

at the bottom of the main website page...

Of course you could have pm'd him and asked the same question...
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:22 PM
Good vibrations.
Joined Nov 2012
249 Posts
Hi Tracknoob,

The webstore hides the "Buy" button when there are none left so rest assured your package is on its way. There is no tracking available under the standard air mail option.

If you have any queries email me direct at info@dynexhobby.com

regards

DH

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracknoob View Post
I ordered my analyzer on Nov 30th, and paid via instant paypal for both the item and for shipping.

I see now the item is on backorder, and though you confirmed my order via email, you never sent me any shipping/tracking info/confirmation.

Did you send the item?

If so, about how long can I expect it to take, and can you please provide tracking information.

If not, how long do you expect to be on backorder?

If it is more than a week, then I'd like a refund, since I was led to believe this was an in-stock new item.

Thanks!

PS: I'd make this inquiry via your online web store, but it is not allowing me to log in, and while there was at one time a tab marked "Order History" on the site, I no longer see that tab.
dynexhobby is offline Find More Posts by dynexhobby
Last edited by dynexhobby; Dec 05, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:55 PM
Good vibrations.
Joined Nov 2012
249 Posts
USB adaptor

Hi guys,

I had a few inquiries regarding a USB adapter for Vortex. Although we recommend using a sound card with stereo mic, we have found that the Griffin iMic worked just as well. The iMic plugs into a free USB port on your laptop. Please see the attached document for test results.

regards

DH.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,227 Posts
hehe Tracknoob.... try not to jump the gun until facts are known. (In any situation). Best attained by direct email or PM also... seeing the questions (possibly worried/heated) might be a bit excessive at that time! LOL
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:44 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,588 Posts
Good news! Thanks.

Just for info in case anyone is wondering; although sold as a Mac accessory the iMic works with Windows XP and up as well. As far as I could tell it is by far the cheapest audio USB adapter with STEREO Mic in. Nearly all of them are mono. The stereo ones all tend to be audiophile items.

Cheapest source I found was this eBay US vendor.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320779457703?hlp=false

$28 + $9.50 shipping and it was posted the day I ordered it.

They are about $60+ locally.

Quote:
Hi guys,

I had a few inquiries regarding a USB adapter for Vortex. Although we recommend using a sound card with stereo mic, we have found that the Griffin iMic worked just as well. The iMic plugs into a free USB port on your laptop. Please see the attached document for test results.

regards

DH.
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Dec 05, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:58 PM
Good vibrations.
Joined Nov 2012
249 Posts
Yep, I tested on two different laptops running Windows XP. Seemed to work OK. Didn't need to install drivers, the PC found the iMic automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Good news! Thanks.

Just for info in case anyone is wondering; although sold as a Mac accessory the iMic works with Windows XP and up as well. As far as I could tell it is by far the cheapest audio USB adapter with STEREO Mic in. Nearly all of them are mono. The stereo ones all tend to be audiophile items.

Cheapest source I found was this eBay US vendor.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/320779457703?hlp=false

$28 + $9.50 shipping and it was posted the day I ordered it.

They are about $60+ locally.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:00 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,152 Posts
deleted.
Last edited by tracknoob; Dec 05, 2012 at 06:31 PM. Reason: good judgement returned
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:00 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,152 Posts
Quote:
Hi Tracknoob,

The webstore hides the "Buy" button when there are none left so rest assured your package is on its way. There is no tracking available under the standard air mail option.

If you have any queries email me direct at info@dynexhobby.com

regards

DH
Thanks so much for your prompt and professional reply. It's great to know you can still tell the good guys from the..... others.

When unable to verify status through the online store, and unable to log onto your site, and since the email to me actually was routed through the third party storefront, making a 'reply to' unlikely to get directly to you, I believe you (unlike some sideline-carpers), likely understand perfectly well why I asked my question publicly -- the information would have been of interest to all current and prospective purchasers following the thread. Can't wait to get mine and try it out. Thanks for providing the contact email for you directly, and while that info may indeed be found on your site, I believe that making the checkout and followup process more informative, and/or making that direct contact info more prominent, would be good improvements.

Cheers!
Last edited by tracknoob; Dec 05, 2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,227 Posts
I agree that the website - especially sales area - needs some improving, hehe.
eg A button/logo etc to go back to the main site for one thing.
Some Contact Us/Email info too - probably at bottom area of all pages, and/or top area tab. as per is commonly done.

Just so people don't get 'lost', or even totally unable, to go from area to area... or to find contact info.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - what NOT to buy !!!
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:34 AM
Denver CO
Joined Apr 2008
2,085 Posts
Peter, when do you think more will be in-stock?
D_FAST is offline Find More Posts by D_FAST
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dassualt Alpha Jet