SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:19 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelmaa View Post
Maiden compllete and success. Really like the way this flys. I'm flying with a lighter set up
Hyperion ZS 3025-10 200 gram motor, suppose to pull around 1100-1200 watts
Older Rhino 4s 25c 3700 batts, still in good shape though
Airboss 80 ESC
4x HS 225 MG's- Had them so used them
15x7 Vess prop
AUW is 4.53 Ilbs according to my digital scale
Plenty of power, it is tail heavy but still flies fine, KE's are pretty much hands off, upright harriers have zero wingrock, snaps into hovers are fun, have to work on the KE spins, got a couple good ones in but also lost a couple, great in the precision flying area, as much as I do. Rolls are very axial. Hovers are very easy. Flies like a larger plane. Very controllable. LG wire seems to hold up fine for the 3 landings I did. I fly off of a grass field but usually try to land in the ball diamond area. This airframe may benefit with a slightly heavier motor up front than what I have in it but personally I am very happy with the way it flies. I like lighter flying airframes. Wish they went ahead and made this in a 48" airframe, I'd pick one up. Hope this helps anyone.
Steve
Hi Steve,

Congratulations to your maiden!

We do have a 48in kit-- Extra330LX, which was announced before the 55in Slick360, please check here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1661193
CNJ3 is offline Find More Posts by CNJ3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:09 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
A few photos from today. The wind was very light, so I enjoyed this plane even more than when I maidened it in strong wind .
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Here's a video from yesterday. It was good to finally fly it in calm conditions. It was good in strong wind on maiden day a couple of weeks ago, but it was much, much better in calm conditions yesterday (duh!).

Its larger size and weight compared to 48" planes seems to really help with crispness and stability. I did lots of low and slow flying on this flight. I think this was flight #5 overall, so I'm still learning things about this plane. It's very relaxing to fly and the extra size doesn't scare me at all. If anything, it puts me more at ease since it can be a real pussycat when flown gently .

Winner's Model 55in Slick 360 SEPP - Bigger Does Fly Better! (4 min 58 sec)
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:55 PM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
Here's a video from yesterday. It was good to finally fly it in calm conditions. It was good in strong wind on maiden day a couple of weeks ago, but it was much, much better in calm conditions yesterday (duh!).

Its larger size and weight compared to 48" planes seems to really help with crispness and stability. I did lots of low and slow flying on this flight. I think this was flight #5 overall, so I'm still learning things about this plane. It's very relaxing to fly and the extra size doesn't scare me at all. If anything, it puts me more at ease since it can be a real pussycat when flown gently .

https://vimeo.com/56175150
Great flying... great video. Time to order one of these sweet birds. Looks like a blast.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:55 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet View Post
A few photos from today. The wind was very light, so I enjoyed this plane even more than when I maidened it in strong wind .
Scott, nice flying!!

What a good weather for flying! what a good pilot!! and what a good guy behind you taking the camera!!

Sure, what a good plane!!!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:42 AM
United States, CO, Fort Lupton
Joined Feb 2005
36 Posts
Great Flying!!! Thank you for taking the time to post a video for us all,
outofdenver is offline Find More Posts by outofdenver
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:26 PM
nac
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNJ3 View Post
Scott, nice flying!!

what a good guy behind you taking the camera!!

Sure, what a good plane!!!
Thanks!

That was meeee.

The iphone makes it easy
nac is offline Find More Posts by nac
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:41 AM
Joined Jul 2010
29 Posts
Hi and a happy new year to all of you

I will get one of this Biggies soon here to Germany

I plan to use 2*3s as I have plenty of this batteries laying around. Can someone give me a good advice, which motor to use ? I would like to get a cheapy motor from hobbyking or so ... what about the

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 4250-500kv ?
Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 4250-410kv ?
or an Sk 4250 - 650 like HK did sell before the SK3 came out ?

thanks
Stephan
Moffa is offline Find More Posts by Moffa
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:05 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffa View Post

I plan to use 2*3s as I have plenty of this batteries laying around. Can someone give me a good advice, which motor to use ? I would like to get a cheapy motor from hobbyking or so ... what about the

thanks
Stephan
Hi Stephan,

There is no doult that setup 4250-500KV+6S+14*7E will work well since I have been flying with it for all my 55in kits for several years.
4250-410KV+6S should be able to run with a 15in prop, 15*6E or 15*8E, but need a test.
4250-650KV should be good for 15in prop + 4S battery, need some tests as well.
Old Jan 03, 2013, 06:32 AM
I believe in Jesus Christ
Germany
Joined Apr 2006
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moffa View Post

thanks
Stephan
hey Stephan!

beide Motoren würden von der Drehzahl her mit 6 Zellen passen, ich fliege 2kg Holzkisten mit 250-280g Motoren und ähnlichen Drehzahlen

bei 410kv musst eine 15x8 nehmen,
bei dem "heißeren" Motor ´ne kleinere Steigung, etwa 15x6
mit 14x7 Latten würde ich bei einem 1,5m Fliegerchen gar nicht anfangen

wenn du sicher gehen willst, dann würde ich den 410 nehmen, dann kannst du gucken ob sie dir besser an 15x7 oder 15x8 gefällt (die Latten kann ich dir auch gleich mitschicken )

wenn du eher hotliner performance willst, dann wird der 500kv Treibling eher was für dich sein

Grüße
Denis
denispeters is online now Find More Posts by denispeters
Old Jan 04, 2013, 05:20 AM
Joined Jul 2010
29 Posts
Thank you Frank, danke Denis,

I will try the 410KV Motor ... I do have Wattmter with memory on the way, this will help me for sure.

Stephan
Moffa is offline Find More Posts by Moffa
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:38 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Hi Guys,

I would like to share a post for this kit from somewhere else.
It was not written in English so I got it Google translated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The aircraft really fly!
Some time ago a total blow up 5 50E of balsa wood airplane, is a technology does not work.
Later, freshly baked 50E EPP aircraft ordered from J3 teacher, before and after less than a month, a total of flying should have 40 flights (each with five batteries), sometimes the holiday, morning, afternoon, out for a trip.
There has not been an accident, every piece of battery can fly to the 8-minute 3D reps.
Summary experience:
In the 3D aircraft control technology is not mature enough before, this EPP aircraft safe practice.
In fact, the good feeling of flying is nothing more than these points:
1. Takeoff weight of only 2.1 kg the last takeoff weight (actual installation, configuration roughly the same teacher and J3)

2. Actual wing loading light is floating.

This feeling of floating, floating wood 50E completely different. I've installed balsa 50E bests takeoff weight of 1.95 kg, that a wood-50E aircraft, although Gone with the Wind, but the rigidity of the wood aircraft determines its response was very sensitive, but inappropriate control immature technology enthusiasts.

4. Previous side fly action is not standard, with an aircraft, after watching the local enthusiasts say, side fly action is very beautiful, can be fast or slow, high or low, very easily.

5. Had thought the EPP elevator surface, because of the structure on the innate reason, quite soft and do some rapid tumbling action to a large discount. Actual flight, there is no worry about it. This aircraft elevator area slightly larger than wood confidential, plus you can fly slower, and instantly push throttle buck elevator do rapid roll action become inverted posture, the process is like a slow-motion, like more ornamental!

6. Had thought the landing gear wire would be too soft, not firm. After receipt of the aircraft, I always play drums, and later expect to Luntai line, use it to pull the landing gear should be good. I was so simple after treatment (fixed the tires line with the landing gear of the AB glue), and remember to tie cable, do not pull tight grip to loose some, only the landing gear really force the transition state, before cable from the The protective effect. The actual flight this afternoon, there is no landing gear problems. But also had a few ups and downs in the first, did not adapt to the landing heavier, plus runway is relatively thick concrete floor, landing gear a little subsequent deformation, hand pressure on recovery, does not affect the eventual landing .

Recommend that you install this aircraft, tail wheel and landing gear finally fixed when use AB glue reasonable. And the tail wheel is pressed into the bottom of the rudder, the best cut a piece of balsa wood and then put some AB glue and then cover that hole, after this treatment, to ensure that the entire landing gear will not be a problem, even sometimes landing ground and relatively thick case, the front landing gear wire will have a little bit of back bends, you can recover as long as the soft reduction wire!

Since the diverted 3D,, a most handy 50E aircraft!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:40 PM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Another video for sharing:

Winner's Model 55in EPP Slick 360 Liang 20130101 (3 min 5 sec)
Old Jan 21, 2013, 06:23 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
New videos coming soon....
Old Jan 22, 2013, 07:13 AM
China, Guangdong, Zhuhai
Joined Nov 2010
160 Posts
Latest videos taken for color scheme B on 20th Jan, 2013 :

Winner's Model 55in EPP Slick 360 B 20130120 (4 min 23 sec)

Winner's Model 55in EPP Slick 360 B #2 20130120 (4 min 26 sec)