SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadine View Post
Hi dd..
Just curios,what motors do you use,for the short?
Great work!
Hi Mesnick I'm gonna use 2 250 or 2 300 size small brushless motors
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Nw time to fashion the Balsa wing box, what the Skyvan's wings will be attached to,
they are topped with a piece of 4mm dollar tree foam.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Now its time to make the Van's engine nacel's these will be molded & made from fiberglass.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:29 AM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Hollow Out That Nose

Time to make the two Van's Noses a tad lighter, by hollowing them out.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:12 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
look at all that crap in the background...............the sign of a modelling icon.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:24 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
look at all that crap in the background...............the sign of a modelling icon.
Icon?. . . . . .Rich don't you mean Moron?. .. lol
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:08 PM
Registered User
LuvEvolution7's Avatar
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
depends on who you are talking to I suppose. hahahahahaha.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
A Van needs wheels

Now I'm adding the two Skyvan's steel wheel wires to the main lower fuselage of each Van, later I will run a small 2mm Carbon fiber strip across for strength.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:58 AM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Commander Clumsy's Avatar
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Wow dd, how do you manage to sleep in between your projects??


I always liked the Skyvan, it is so ugly that it becomes beautiful again.
Anyone know why it has such a small wing chord (high aspect ratio)? Is it for operating more efficiently at high altitudes? I see a lot of them used in the Alps and the Himalayas...
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
Wow dd, how do you manage to sleep in between your projects??


I always liked the Skyvan, it is so ugly that it becomes beautiful again.
Anyone know why it has such a small wing chord (high aspect ratio)? Is it for operating more efficiently at high altitudes? I see a lot of them used in the Alps and the Himalayas...
Hi Commander. . . .between you and me I'm actually a T-10,000 RC Terminator, therefor & don't require sleep.. . .Lol

The Skyvan is defenatly not winning any beauty pagents. . . . .The skyvan has a long wingspan with a high lift air foil, plus the entire fusealge is basically an airfoil. . . .Like the S-360 & 330 they want to soar like home sick angels.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'm a builder, not a flighter.
United States, MN, Alexandria
Joined Mar 2006
48 Posts
I came accross the Skyvan a few years ago and became interested in an rc version of it. I also found this site http://www.ruudleeuw.com/skyvan-larry_miller.htm which has a lot of information. I found a set of plans done by Roger Jones, but have not taken the time to put one together yet.
Minn.Man is offline Find More Posts by Minn.Man
Last edited by Minn.Man; Nov 27, 2012 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:52 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minn.Man View Post
I came accross the Skyvan a few years ago and became interested in an rc version of it. I also found this site http://www.ruudleeuw.com/skyvan-larry_miller.htm which has a lot of information. I found a set of plans done by Roger Jones, but have not taken the time to put one together yet.
Thanks Minn-Man. . .. Roger Jones Is a great Builder.

Go build your skyvan!
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:37 PM
Proud of Brushless Sprouts
Commander Clumsy's Avatar
Belgium, Flanders, Antwerp
Joined Feb 2007
332 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Hi Commander. . . .between you and me I'm actually a T-10,000 RC Terminator, therefor & don't require sleep.. . .Lol

The Skyvan is defenatly not winning any beauty pagents. . . . .The skyvan has a long wingspan with a high lift air foil, plus the entire fusealge is basically an airfoil. . . .Like the S-360 & 330 they want to soar like home sick angels.
What a coincidence... I'm a Terminator too. I've terminated dozens of airplanes.


Never thought of the Skyvan's fuselage as a wing, interesting. I also read somewhere that it has full span flaps and slats for STOL, I like it more and more.
Anyone interested in a micro version? 14 inch / 360mm wingspan, 19 grams, for AA/Silverlit hardware. I hope your German is good.
Commander Clumsy is offline Find More Posts by Commander Clumsy
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Clumsy View Post
What a coincidence... I'm a Terminator too. I've terminated dozens of airplanes.


Never thought of the Skyvan's fuselage as a wing, interesting. I also read somewhere that it has full span flaps and slats for STOL, I like it more and more.
Anyone interested in a micro version? 14 inch / 360mm wingspan, 19 grams, for AA/Silverlit hardware. I hope your German is good.
Awsome stuff Commander T-1000! Lol
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:09 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
demondriver's Avatar
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Mar 2007
16,340 Posts
Skyvan Gear

Here are all the servos & motors Etc for the Olympic Van, And I hope to have enough for the BA Van as well.
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Short Skyvan Plans Vagabond324 Scale Kit/Scratch Built 26 Jan 30, 2012 05:43 AM
Discussion Shorts Skyvan in blue foam Douglas C Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8 Jul 12, 2008 11:18 AM
Discussion I must know more about the Shorts Skyvans @the efest Aten W Arthog E-Fest - Hosted by Great Planes 14 Mar 23, 2007 10:01 AM
Shorts Skyvan SC7 Tenlado Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 15 Oct 28, 2006 07:37 PM
Z-Tron Twin Stearing Shorts Skyvan j8m8l Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 5 Nov 10, 2005 09:57 AM