HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Midnite_rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:08 PM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
Discussion
Just a few pics

I went to th club field friday morning. I had the field to myself. I found it so much easier putting my plane together and starting it on the stand than on the ground. I decided to try to build myself one like it.

I had some scrap treated lumber left over from a deck project. I got it cut out and mostly put together today. It was getting dark and about to rain so I did not get the braces put on, but it is pretty sturdy as is. I will get it finished next weekend if I do not have to work both days.

And I also joined an RC club last weekend. North Mississippi RC Club also known as "The Taildraggers"
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:17 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,548 Posts
One of our members built one just like yours for test use. Just a few things need to be changed on his. Make sure the wheels are low enough OR big enough so it rolls without digging into the dirt/grass. Add a tray underneath to hold your flight box/starter/fuel etc. Replace the uprights with a removeable wood dowel on both sides. Allows you to use pipe foam. The most important mod needed was to add a round stick/dowel to act as a handle on the rear end. Our's is a bugger to move around because you're too close to the stand when rolling it around. Just drill a hole thru the wood and put the dowel on a chain. They're sure better then working on your hands & knees. Keep up the good work.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Transmissions for planes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:05 AM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
183 Posts
nice.... Thanks for the tips. I still have some work to do on it. I also plan on helping a couple of buddies build one too. I guess mine will be the first one and the next ones will be better. I like the idea about the wooden dowels, it makes it so you could take them out and just use it for a work table. Thanks again!

Kerry
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider