HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
So you're over here too, eh? You can load any swap file into RF6.5.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:42 PM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Why, Thank You Sir.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:00 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrated View Post
Wow! I just was going through the Knifeedge forum. They are beating up on some poor guy pretty bad. Kinda funny.
http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/show...d=1#post243968
They appear to have no mercy!
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:16 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Oct 2011
958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
They appear to have no mercy!
Keep on reading.
GTstrudl is online now Find More Posts by GTstrudl
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:52 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,422 Posts
Things are all peaceful and wonderful now.....Happy New Years!
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:38 PM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined Aug 2010
11 Posts
How to get into Combat Mode?

I recently bnought 6.5 for the simulator as I recently built the TF giant Corsair and want some sim time before I try to fly it. I'm also interested in the Combat abilities of this sim. How do I geet into that? i.e do i need to be connected to the net? is there a stand alone option if I do not wish to multiplayer?

Any advice would be helpful,

Gary
funcars is offline Find More Posts by funcars
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
There is no standalone combat, but weapons are functional. You can shoot many objects, including a shooting gallery object in Expansion Pack 7 (I think). To have an opponent, you must be in a combat session in multiplayer.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 09:09 PM View Post
sdfkwhiuhsdfi
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Off Topic Advertisement. Show it to me anyway.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:27 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpn View Post
There is no standalone combat, but weapons are functional. You can shoot many objects, including a shooting gallery object in Expansion Pack 7 (I think). To have an opponent, you must be in a combat session in multiplayer.
Correct in expansion pack 7 there is moving targets that can be shot down.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:06 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Well I just loaded G 6.5 on my new Toshiba, Qosmio, gaming laptop, W/ Windows 8 without any problems. I'm pretty impressed so far. Much better and a lot more different than my old G 3.5. BTW. I have 2 spare Mega Airplane CDs new in the box. Anyone care to trade one for a Heli Mega Pack?
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
BTW. I have 2 spare Mega Airplane CDs new in the box. Anyone care to trade one for a Heli Mega Pack?
Specify, please. There's no such thing as a Mega Airplane CD. Do you have an Add On, an Expansion Pack (if either, which volumes?) or an Airplane Mega Pack (if so, how did you get two copies?)? I'm guessing you have either AddOns, Expansion Packs, or one of each.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 09:53 AM
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
Jeffpn,
OK, I am looking at the boxes..... It says...." Airplane Mega Pack", Includes over 35 airplanes. I ordered from Tower Hobbies, Not sure about how it happened. Is that specific enough for you? I would think the word MEGA would be self explanatory. Your guessing wrong, I have (2) Airplane Mega Packs.
Old Jan 06, 2013, 10:21 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
The Airplane Mega Pack comes with 1 disc you said you had 2 spare discs so jeffpn wasn't guessing as you said you had the 2 discs so no guessing involved... read your post
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; Jan 06, 2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Brain dead
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:43 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Is that specific enough for you? I would think the word MEGA would be self explanatory.
I already have all of that stuff. I'm just trying to help you clearly state what it is you have in case someone else is interested. I have seen a number of times where users think certain phrases are interchangeable when they are not. Now everyone who reads your post will clearly know what it is that you have, and are intending to trade.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:30 AM
United States, NJ, Berkeley Heights
Joined Nov 2009
249 Posts
Hi,

I just got 6.5 a couple of weeks ago and its a good sim (i had knocked about a bit with RF4 previously). But:

-there have been improvements over the last couple of versions--but nothing spectacular IMHO enough to justify the steep entry cost

-I wish there were more online options and, frankly, more players online

-I was surprized that it seems like only the same lessons that were there a few versions back

-the interlink controller does make it easier to navigate options and reset

-the interlink controller is not great quality (i had to open mine up to repostition a gimbal pin that had slid out of place and was impeding the motion of the right stick--and its just happened again, so I may need a micro dot of ca or something )

-maybe I'm missing it but i wish there was a interlink programming option so I could holistically enter dual rates instead of having to do it individually for each model

-if you want the "real feel" of your regular tx (for heft and finger postion, DR/Expo settings and all your switches in the right places, etc) it's easy to hook up using the correct included wire from the back of the interlink (but it does make things a bit clunky--it would be slicker if the dongle was just something inline with the tx cord instead of needing the whole interlink; can't have everything I suppose ).

-I have a good, 2 year old laptop, but its one of the ones with two video cards (one onboard for low energy consumption and one fast radeon for graphics). Works great except that HP stopped supporting graphics upgrades because the on board card makes it more complex update and the simple drivers can't just be downloaded as normal ). The sim looks great, but strangely the little close window "x" and other similar dialog graphics are in super low res--this isn't the sims fault, but it is odd. Don't know if anyone else has this or a solution to offer (almost to the plunge to disable the onboard video--but one step wasn't taking right so I chickened out before I ended up with a larger technical issue). Looks even better when I hook it up to the big screen LCD.

-nothing beats a sim for staving off dumb thumbs in the off season or for trying out new manuvers with no risk to your fleet.

-it's still way easier to hover and do excellent blenders on the RealFlight sim than to do them in real life--so there's still room for improvement (I guess you can only push the modeling of chaotic airflow so far )

-RealFlight 6.5 is definetly worth having--but I think maybe a list price of around $125-$150 would be more acceptable. Maybe I'll feel a little better if I get a discount when they eventually update to RF 7
AeroHeadTW is offline Find More Posts by AeroHeadTW
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Selected FPV Flights