HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,111 Posts
Outstanding! I will try, thank you Jeff. By the way, Great product. Looking forward to my 3rd version soon.

I open advanced edit but the problem is I don't know how to add guns? Is there someplace I can read how? Thanks in advance.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Look in the manual, found in the RF Launcher program. It should describe how to add components.
jeffpn is offline Find More Posts by jeffpn
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:57 PM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,111 Posts
Okay, I just added cannon and edited the elevator travel on the Typhoon.

That opens a whole new facet of the simulator, Thank you.
scootrb4 is online now Find More Posts by scootrb4
Last edited by scootrb4; Dec 09, 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Nov 2007
2 Posts
"For example, just switching OFF “TrueView” may increase your computer’s ability to reduce or possibly stop graphic jumps"

Where do I find this Switch to turn off "TrueView" ? It is not in Settings or anywhere.

TrueView causes a washout on the Desert Dune & Beach Sand texture in the 3D water sites,

Marooned, Sandy Point, Shipwreck & Joe's Garage.

Update :

Graphic Slider is only a simple adjusting switch to change the graphic settings for the beginners.

It does not turn off or reduce the TrueView quality, it only reduce or turn off the texture and other quality.

TrueView is only a quick fix trying to increase the sharpness and contrast of the flying site and aircrafts.

It actually washing out some of the 3D texture and the aircrafts color.

Aerofly 5 has the best graphic, second is Phoenix, RealFlight is the worst !
fkeelee is offline Find More Posts by fkeelee
Last edited by fkeelee; Jan 02, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:13 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,212 Posts
Got to the tab on the far left (Simulation) and click on Graphics....from there you can use the sliding bar to reduce the TrueView quality.
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fly Models Sbach 30cc
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Oct 2010
70 Posts
so i was wondering if the tx that came whit my easyfly 3 se can work with this sim?
RCICE is offline Find More Posts by RCICE
Old Dec 18, 2012, 04:45 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,212 Posts
I'd contact RealFlight directly and ask them.

http://www.realflight.com

is their web link.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCICE View Post
so i was wondering if the tx that came whit my easyfly 3 se can work with this sim?
It will not.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Outstanding review. This looks like an amazing simulator with nearly limitless options.
jfesta is offline Find More Posts by jfesta
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:28 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,212 Posts
Thank you!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 20, 2012, 01:01 AM
Angry Flyer!
washington state
Joined Oct 2008
383 Posts
Recently started playing online and the biggest surprise to me is how popular Combat and Course Flying is. Heck, one time a guy wanted to fly with me cockpit view and practice auto rotations. Not complaining, just thought it was odd. For me, it's practice practice.

I'll say this though... there aren't as many non rc flight Sims these days and RF6.5 has an awesome engine and flight characteristics to play around with.
jriley1974 is offline Find More Posts by jriley1974
Old Dec 25, 2012, 01:51 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,073 Posts
Any suggestions for a warbird model which accurately simulates tip stall behavior, p-factor, etc? I've tried many sim warbirds and find them way too easy to fly compared to the real deal.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Dec 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,326 Posts
'Accurate' is in the eye of the beholder. Every RC sim believes their physics are accurate. They also let you adjust the physics to your taste.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:30 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,073 Posts
Hmm, don't agree with this. Accurate has nothing to do with my opinion - it means that the sim model behaves as the real model does. The P-51 mustang in Realflight (which is based on the Top Flight GS ARF) has no p-factor, is impossible to tip-stall or snap, and cannot be tipped over. This is not at all how the real ARF behaves when built to spec, so that is not accurate.

My question really was: you guys that create models...have you created a warbird model that exhibits these traits?

Also, what aircraft parameters does RF6.5 now allow me to modify besides CG, weight, and power level?

Thanks in advance for any responses...
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:50 PM
Sadorus, IL
Joined Mar 2004
597 Posts
If you go into the aircraft editor, you will find there is almost no parameter that you cannot modify. Be sure to turn on the Advanced view to see all parameters.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
Hmm, don't agree with this. Accurate has nothing to do with my opinion - it means that the sim model behaves as the real model does. The P-51 mustang in Realflight (which is based on the Top Flight GS ARF) has no p-factor, is impossible to tip-stall or snap, and cannot be tipped over. This is not at all how the real ARF behaves when built to spec, so that is not accurate.

My question really was: you guys that create models...have you created a warbird model that exhibits these traits?

Also, what aircraft parameters does RF6.5 now allow me to modify besides CG, weight, and power level?

Thanks in advance for any responses...
Skaluf is offline Find More Posts by Skaluf
Site Sponsor