Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:53 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,453 Posts
Discussion
Setting up a Blade Nano CPX with a Spektrum DX18 transmitter problem

I am somewhat successful at getting a DX 18 transmitter to work with the little Blade Nano CPX. it is working in Normal mode, but I can't seem to get it setup for Flight Mode, where the motor goes to full throttle and you control the pitch with the left stick. Throttle hold is working Ok though.

I was wondering if someone has set one up before and what they did to get it to work. It might be something obvious that I missed. Normally I use Futaba systems so my brain might be warped wrong for using the Spektrum stuff for this heli.

If someone has a export model file using the Nanp CPX already. I would really appreciate acquiring a copy of it that I could load into my TX.
Thanks
Earl
earlwb is offline Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:26 PM
Kings Park, New York
Joined Jan 2005
1,236 Posts
If you use the setup described for the DX7S in the instructions, you should be fine. I followed those instructions using a JR 9303 and it works great.
kenmalecki is offline Find More Posts by kenmalecki
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:42 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,453 Posts
I'll try that and see what happens.
Thanks
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2012, 11:36 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,453 Posts
Spektrum DX18 settings File for Blade Nano CPX Helicopter

With the help of another highly skilled RC heli-flyer, we were able to get it all sorted out and setup in my Spektrum DX18 transmitter and it now controls the little Blade Nano CPX really well.

I have attached the Zipped file containing the settings for my Blade Nano CPX here in this post.

The flight mode might be a little too aggressive for some people and not aggressive enough for others. But we were able to do quite a few aerobatic manuevers with the little heli pretty well. So the settings aren't too far off. Some guys prefer no exponential or dual rates even. Others like to have a little exponential dial in. But since it is all programmable, it is easy to change things as needed.

Anyway, maybe this will help someone else out too.

I discovered that the little Nano CPX will fly fairly well even in a mild breeze outdoors. The tail tended to hunt more but that might be the heli having to fight the wind more. But it hung in there OK.

Thanks to everyone for looking and their advice on this issue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 08, 2014, 11:04 PM
Albuquerqe, NM
Joined Mar 2002
218 Posts
earlwb,
Thank you sooooo much, I just had to replace my JR 8103, still going strong after 16 years but a bit outdated, I upgraded it to the DX9 which has the same software as the DX18, I was pulling my hair out till I found this post, makes a lot of sense what you did. I will test the little Nano CP X with your program on Sunday.
Thanks LeeU
LeeU is offline Find More Posts by LeeU
Old Apr 22, 2014, 05:54 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2014
28 Posts
+1 thank you earlwb
JonZap is offline Find More Posts by JonZap