HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:36 PM
strawcuter
Winchester, KY
Joined Feb 2004
284 Posts
Discussion
Dragon Seaplane

The Dragon Seaplane was maidened yesterday.by a friend of mine. This was the second time for a maiden. The first time we found that both wings were warped. Finally after several tries, they were straightened. Yesterday was a very windy day and I made an error in judgment. The wind died down and I took off with my float Cub. Once I was in the air the wind came back up very strong. To make the story short I lost it to a tree a significant distance away. It couldnít be recovered. I will replace the Cub.

When I got back from looking for it the wind had calmed and I decided to ask a friend to maiden the Dragon for me. It took off very nicely and flew smoothly. He didnít try any aerobatics but found that it could fly slowly and with in my capabilities. If we are able to fly again this year I will fly it on a buddy box to make sure that I can fly it. I will let you know when I fly it. I feel good about the plane but do have some complaints.

The parts arenít numbered. The first statement in the manual advises that you that you should use the manual, look up the parts and mark them. They are laser cut well. I called them about them doing the marking and they said it would take too long to number them. It is a pain in the grass. The next significant problem is that you must remove the wing to remove and install the battery. All of the electronic parts hang on the wing, so you have to deal with a hanging mass of wires trying to get the battery in. Also a Major long term (I hope) pain in the grass.

Knowing what I know now would I buy the plane again? NO. It is a pain in the grass. But I would like to find something similar and the same size that would fit my needs better.

Now that I know how well it flies, I will finish decorating it.

Bob
strawcuter is offline Find More Posts by strawcuter
to remove ads between posts