Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:55 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
Swap Meet
Feb. 15-16, 2013--Tri-City Flyers Swap Meet--Garden Ridge, TX (NE of San Antonio)

This information from the TRI-CITY FLYERS R/C SWAP MEET flyer attached below.

TRI-CITY FLYERS RC CLUB SWAP MEET

DATES:
FRIDAY-SATURDAY FEBRUARY 15-16, 2013

21340 FM 3009
GARDEN RIDGE, TX 78266

DOORS OPEN
4:00 PM 9:00 PM Friday
9:00 AM 2:00 PM Saturday

VENDOR SET UP
3:00 PM 4:00 PM Friday
8:00 AM 9:00 AM Saturday

NO FUEL ALLOWED IN BUILDING

GENERAL ADMISSION $5.00 PER PERSON PER DAY

TABLES $5.00 EACH PER DAY
IF RENTING TABLES FOR SATURDAY ONLY, LIMIT IS 2 TABLES.
RESERVE YOUR TABLES EARLY!
RESERVATIONS & MONEY MUST BE RECEIVED BY JANUARY 31, 2013.

TABLE LAYOUT & RESERVATION FORMS ATTACHED BELOW.
EMAIL RUSTY@DESTINATIONSA.COM WITH TABLE NUMBER REQUESTS AND AFTER RECEIVING
CONFIRMATION SEND COMPLETED RESERVATION FORM AND CHECK OR MONEY ORDER (PAYABLE TO TRI-CITY FLYERS) TO:

Rusty Koehler
6303 Fox Head
San Antonio, TX 78247-1111
(210) 654 -3313
RUSTY@DESTINATIONSA.COM

Ed Valls, CD

Directions:

The Garden Ridge Community Center is located in the Schertz, Texas vicinity, just north of San Antonio.

From San Antonio and South take IH 35 North towards Austin.

From Austin and North take IH 35 South towards San Antonio.

At IH 35 (exit 175) turn West onto FM 3009 (to Natural Bridge Caverns)
1.7 miles to the first stop light (Nacogdoches Rd./FM 2252).
Continue West 1.2 miles on FM 3009 from the Nacogdoches Rd. (FM 2252)
intersection. Turn right into the entrance to the Community Center
at Municipal Parkway. Municipal Parkway is the first right past the entrance
to the Trophy Oaks Subdivision.

Google Maps Link here: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...ed=0CAUQ_AUoAA
Richard N is offline Find More Posts by Richard N
Last edited by Richard N; Dec 24, 2012 at 01:55 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, TX, Schertz
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Reserve Your Tables Soon

Hello all:
My name is Ed and I am the President of Tri City Flyers. I am also the CD or event director. I thought I would update you on the status of table reservations. As of Dec. 1 we have reserved 27 of the 71 tables so If you are planning on coming to the event please consider reserving table(s) soon. All reservations MUST be completed byt Jan 31, 2013.

One note is that this year, NO FUEL WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE BUILDING. This is a requirement laid out by the city manager and fire dept. Sorry for the inconvenience but there is nothing we can do about it.

Hope to see you at the event.
Ed
A10pilot is offline Find More Posts by A10pilot
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Swap Meet Table Reservations

I thought I would update everyone on the reservations. As of tonight we have reservations for 46 of the 71 tables. Please see the first post for reservation information and instructions on the event and table reservations.

This event is always well attended and I hope many of you in the area can make it to our event.

Hope to see you there.
Ed
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:57 PM
I fly 3-C Crash,Crunch,Crumble
USA, NM, Clovis
Joined Feb 2010
1,033 Posts
Any overnight camper parking available there? No need for water and sewer, maybe just a drop cord. Roy n Sandy
Mr. foambuilder is offline Find More Posts by Mr. foambuilder
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:06 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Overnight Camping

Roy:

Unfortunately there is no overnight camping allowed on the grounds of the facility. However, there is a Wal Mart at the corner of FM 3009 and I-35 (about three miles from the Garden Ridge Community Center). They will let you camp in the parking lot overnight but there are no electrical hookups. All you need to do is to check with the store manager and ask for permission to camp/park on their property overnight.

Thanks for your interest in our event and I hope you can make it.

Sincerely,
Ed
Old Jan 21, 2013, 02:12 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
About a month away.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 06:20 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Swap Meet Update

Hello all:

I thought I would update you on the event. As of yesterday, we have sold all but 3 tables for Saturday and we have about 6 set aside for Friday only vendors. So, having said this, please contact Rusty (contact info on first post) if you want to reserve a table. If we run out of tables inside the building, we have provisions to offer some additional space under our covered entryway.

This year we will have the following raffle prizes:
Spektrum 7S transmitter with 8 channel rcvr (no servos)
Spektrum 6 channel rcvr
Spektrum 4 channel rcvr
3 gals 10% Powermaster fuel
3 gals 15% Powermaster fuel
Hobby Zone RTF Champ electric plane

I wish to invite all of you that can to attend the event. As mentioned previously, food and drink will be aviailable at the event.

Hope to see you there.

Ed
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:14 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
10 days away!!!
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:53 AM
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
Update

Hello All:

Just an update on the annual Tri City Flyers Swap Meet. As of yesterday, we have sold all of the tables for Saturday but we have some tables left for Friday only. We do have a waiting list for those wishing to reserve tables. We will also have some outside spaces available on a first come first served basis.These outside spaces will be available but they must be paid for. Please contact Rusty at the address in the first post to get on the waiting list.

We are making every effort to improve our event and a couple of the biggest issues are the registration process and the entry and exit of people into and out of the building. In an effort to improve these areas, we are going to do the following:

For those of you that are pre-registered vendors, we will have someone outside the building to provide info on what table numbers you have reserved. We ask that you please remember your table number(s) to ease the registration entry process.

We will use wrist bands for admission. We will have one color for those that pay for both days, one color for those that pay for Friday only and one color for those that pay for Saturday only. If you are staying for both days (either vendor or buyer) please consider paying for both days on Friday and you will not have to go thru the admission process on Saturday.

We will try to open the doors to vendors as close to 3 PM as possible (but not before). If you are pre-registered we will make every effort to get you in as quickly as possible.

In an effort to ease the flow of people into and out of the building, no items (either those for sale or those that have been purchased) will be allowed thru the double glass doors at the north end of the building. Movement of items for sale or those that have been purchased will only be thru the roll up door at the south end of the building.

That is all I have for now.We hope to see you at our event and look forward to hosting all of you.

Sincerely,
Ed
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:36 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
This Friday and Saturday!
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Mar 2006
1,308 Posts
RV Parking Update

Hello Everyone:

As Richard says, we only have about 2 more days until we have our Tri City Flyers Swap Meet.

I have had some posts here and some e-mails asking about RV parking on-site.Previously, I had posted that RV parking on-site was not allowed. Today we talked with the city of Garden Ridge, whose community center we use, and they will allow RV's to park overnight on Friday.

However, there are a few things they will not allow us to do and we ask that if you bring an RV, please observe these restrictions.

1. Please park on the upper level of the parking lot. This is the parking lot north of the building (furthest away from FM 3009 from which you entered the community center).

2. Please park in the north east corner of the lot.

3. We have been told that we are not allowed to "set up camp". By this the city means that we can not extend awnings or set up BBQ grills, tables, chairs, etc.

I hope this is helpful for those of you that want to bring an RV and I hope that this encourages you to come to our event.

Every year we try to get better and run our event more smoothly. In an effort to improve, this year we have a few new things/changes.

1. If you have pre-registered and reserved tables, when you come to pay your admission we ask that you please know what table(s) you have reserved.

2. When you enter the double glass doors, you will first be asked your table number and your name will be checked off our list. The next individual will ask you for the $5 (for one day) or $10 (for both days) admission. Once admission is paid a third individual will give you a color coded wrist band which we ask that you wear for the day(s) you are at the event.

3. We are asking that NO MERCHANDISE be brought thru the glass double doors where you enter to pay admission.These two doors will be for pedestrian traffic only. ALL MERCHANDISE must enter and exit thru the roll up door at the south end of the building.

4. This year we will use color coded wrist bands. We will have one color for those that pay admission for both days, a separate color for Friday admission/vendors only and another color for Saturday only admission/vendors. If you are staying for both days, please pay admission for both days and then on Saturday, you only have to show your wrist band and enter the building.

5. It is my intent to process those vendors that have prepaid for tables first. This means that if you do not have a tables(s) reserved, I am going to ask you to please wait for the pre-registered vendors to be processed first. We do have a waiting list for tables for Saturday and on Saturday we will process those that are on the waiting list in the order in which they contacted us.

6. We have sold all of the tables for Saturday and all but a few for Friday, however, we anticipate that there will be some no-shows. We have sent an e-mail to all that have pre-registered and ask that you please read it carefully. In the e-mail we stated that we reserve the right to sell a table if the individual that reserved it does not show up by 5PM on Friday or by 10AM on Saturday. If you are going to be late, please contact Rusty Koehler on his cell phone (number is in the first post) and advise him you will be late and we will hold the table. If you do not show and we sell your table, we will refund your money.

7. We have a limited number of outside spaces that will be available on a first come first served basis beginning on Friday afternoon.

I hope this information is helpful and informative and we hope to see you at our Swap Meet. We wish you a safe journey and we look forward to seeing you at the event.

Sincerely,
Ed Valls
President, Tri City Flyers
Event Director/CD
Old Feb 15, 2013, 03:24 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
Today!!!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:04 AM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
March 15-16, 2013--Weatherford, TX--WAMS 2013 Swap Meet and Auction

The next and oldest Texas swap meet is Weatherford on March 15-16, 2013. I've started a thread for it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1836821
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:45 PM
Lost in the Sky
Burleson, Texas
Joined Jun 2003
1,916 Posts
March 15-16, 2013--Weatherford, TX--WAMS 2013 Swap Meet and Auction

Weatherford is almost here.