HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by resistgravity, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:47 PM
RC Extraordinaire
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Feb 2011
227 Posts
Discussion
FPV Videos

So I finally found a platform perfect for my FPV purposes. The Gaui 330X-S.

Flight Setup:
Gaui 330X-S Quadcopter
AR6115/DX8
3S 2200mAh

FPV Setup:
GoPro HD Hero2
900MHz 500mW Tx/Rx
3dBi "Rubber Duck" Antennas
3S 500mAh

My first setup had the camera mounted on the top, but after a few flights I decided to move it to the front so you wouldn't see the propellers as much. Here are the before and afters:

Before:

After:

And now for the videos!

The first video is a compilation of the first few normal flights, not flying FPV. I still had the camera mounted on top for these, and was still using the lovely orange ball.

Quadcopter Practice w/GoPro (2 min 59 sec)

The second video is the first time I flew entirely from FPV. I was so glad to find that the video feed stayed clear while flying around the buildings.

Quadcopter FPV Practice w/GoPro (6 min 8 sec)

And my third video is the best by far. I finally tried flying using my TV (instead of laptop), and having the video Rx inside the house. Surprisingly, I was able to maintain control and a solid video link the entire time!

Quadcopter FPV Flight w/GoPro (6 min 56 sec)
resistgravity is offline Find More Posts by resistgravity
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts