HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2012, 08:51 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Discussion
super bandit, f20, t38 for speed

Well already looking towards my next build and want to do my fastest one yet. Of those 3 airframes which would be the slipleriest with a 70mm. The t38 or super bandit would be a steve schumate plan . The f20 i believe is a modified t38 plan also. The last 2 edf i have built just havent gotten me the speed i want. Was looking on parkjets.com and picked the 3 that look to have the least amount of drag. Any suggestions
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:37 AM
Holland
Joined Apr 2003
145 Posts
Watch this thread, maybe it has some answers for you

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1683537
Hoeby is offline Find More Posts by Hoeby
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:37 AM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,604 Posts
stingeragents Here's my .02 For speed I think the Bandit is your best bet.
Although the other 2 a great planes, and will go fast, there is the problem of intake size.

You will need to put some time into nailing down intake and exhaust size!
That will make or break your quest for speed!
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Yea ive been watching that one. I guess high speed scraych builds arent easy. Im not looking for 200 though or anything like that
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:21 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
if you wanna cut your own, the chimera should be faster in a straight line than any of those you mentioned. don't do a twin if you wanna go fast. bifurcated ducts decrease thrust, so not very conducive to speed. of those mentioned, the Bandit would be a good choice. or how about the Super Habu32 Humberto on this forum. looks promising and as all his designs are.............very easy to make.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Yea i thought about doing his 16. Just never used that bending method before. Ill have to look up the chimera. Sounds familiar. His habu is for sure looking nice. I may print out A curved part of his plan and try it out before i print out the whole plan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:43 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
the Chimera is on this Scratchbuild forum. it's a plane that myself and a few others collaborated on. she's super simple to build and she flies absolutely amazing. you just need to make or buy a hotwire cutter. it's an awesome way to build a plane quickly.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Well my gf just ordered me a p3 f16. Should be able to get some speed with that.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,937 Posts
i have fiber glass parts for the P3 F-16 ,a full 70mm fiber glass duct and matching inlet lip .besure to read the Thread there are some mods required to keep this plane together when cranking up the power and adding speed.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Yea i started going over it today. That upgrade thread is like 700 pages. I also checked out the one efflux rc did. My plan kinda was to glass the wings but not sure it will be necessary. Think im planning on cs 10 blade with cp 2800 on 4s. Around 950 watts from what i been reading. I know with the 64mm fan and a dons motor they havr done around 110 to 120 with 650 watts or so. Im not sure if efflux speed varies by the number of fan blades or rpm or its a reflection of Watts. Im assuming with that proposed setup it should do over 100 i would think. I know im gonna have to reinforce the tailerons and the mounts for them at least. Gonna try and keep it light so that i wont need gobs of power to make it fast. I know effluxs one came out to like 52oz or so. Half of that was the 6s battery. I may get the cp2500 so i could also run 5s without needing a 100amp esc. Dont have any plans to go 6s. Dont think ive ever flown a plane that goes 100. Probably like 70 or so is the fastest if i had to guestimate. Thats basically my goal just to hit a 100. Im sure ill get addicted after that though like everyone else. Looking at the planes efflux has done im also wanting a squall. Hard to beat that 30 dollar sale price on the 16. I may end up buying another tomorrow when i get paid. I also may try the detrum combo i got . Think it is 700 or so watts. 80 bucks for plane and complete power system thay goes 100 is a deal
Last edited by stingeragents; Nov 13, 2012 at 02:51 PM.