HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Braddock, VC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:14 PM
dover, kent, UK
Joined Apr 2003
404 Posts
Discussion
Build Blog P 5

Most of the brickwork was completed last weekend and I paid the guy 15600 or about $24810 it looks great. Roof construction starts next Thursday when the existing roof is cut back to allow my brickie to fit the steel joists and padstones that take the weight of the roof joists.
Hopefully this work will be completed the following friday and the guy who tiles the roof can start. This is quite an expensive business for what it is, approx $8000 for the work which really pisses me off.
After this is done I have to get the heating installed, new electrics fitted and a bit of plumbing.
This will take us up to Xmas and then I have to raise some more money to complete the innards. I have enough to do a basic job but her indoors wants the rolls royce of jobs which I must say I have to agree with (on pain of death) nothing like you guys stateside have but plenty for us..
I am very happy so far, except I didn't realise how much tying in the trades would raise my stress levels. But we are still on to save $15000 so I can't complain.
I'll try and load up some pix.
Braddock, VC is offline Find More Posts by Braddock, VC
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Braddock, VC; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts