4,802 Posts
That's basically it in a nutshell RR.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:25 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,307 Posts
i was, am still kinda a newbie but really like doing the research actually. i almost pulled the trigger and purchased from the flashy web page guys too. so glad i got the good advise to use my lhs and go parkzone. they almost got me.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:55 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined May 2012
110 Posts
I have ordered a plane from them and lots of parts, prob about 6 transactions and not one issue, they did take 4-5 extra days to ship one of my orders but other than that nothing
Donnyd21 is offline Find More Posts by Donnyd21
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
If you like to do research, if you know how to get user opinions that can be trusted, if you are competent at fixing things that are typically wrong with these planes (control horn problems, control surfaces of inadequate materials, hinges not competent, replacing servos, selection and replacement of motors and speed controls, etc, there is no reason why you aren't ready to save some money and just fix whatever issues the plane has.

It is the rank beginner who gets sucked into that seductive low price and then finds out what he didn't buy for the money he didn't spend, then lacks the experience base required to set it right (as the op in this thread), who finds himself in a position where he's severely dissatisfied.
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Nov 16, 2012, 05:03 PM
Owatonna MN 55060
Joined Sep 2005
1,831 Posts
Good one there RR! Rock on!

Have a look at post #7
Gohmer is offline Find More Posts by Gohmer
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohmer View Post
Good one there RR! Rock on!

Have a look at post #7
He has you calling people "winners." Purchasers from BH are not winners unless they are willing and able to make what they get into an RC airplane.

Anyway, the National Irony Board has already inserted a weasel clause, removing any responsibility for anything I may or may not have said, whatever that was.......
Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
United States, CA, Antioch
Joined Apr 2008
30 Posts
I'm not seriously misguided. You have missed the point completely. When a customer spends hard earned money of any product you would expect some kind of support. It would not be a problem if the company clearly stated they will not be carrying spare parts. I think that I and others at least expect that when dealing with any company.
retiredjb is offline Find More Posts by retiredjb
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:44 AM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
911 Posts
This whole thing is a tempest in a tea cup. RC planes are disposable products bought with disposable income.
jwellsy is offline Find More Posts by jwellsy
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:30 PM
United States, CA, Antioch
Joined Apr 2008
30 Posts
Ah yes disposable income. I would like to keep my disposable income for as long as I can. There those out there who have a big pile of disposable income and don't care if they burn a plane or two I'm just one of them.
retiredjb is offline Find More Posts by retiredjb
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:50 AM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,187 Posts
Some people have had decent experience with BananaHobby, such as myself. No complaints from me and six purchases. Two had missing aileron Y-connectors, but since they were cheap at the LHS, and I got the planes on sale as well as free shipping I figure I am still way ahead.

Their products are decent, but their customer service seems to be the problem. Again personally, I have had good experience with the few times that I have called.

If you want to try a new distributor, check out MotionRC.com. It is owned by a couple of RCers who seem to know what they are doing. One of them is a veteran as well. Might as well help out these men who have sacrificed much for the sake of freedom and justice.
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:47 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,802 Posts
They seem to have good prices on Lipo batteries. I think I will check them out when they open.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:58 AM
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Aug 2012
911 Posts
If a golfer buys a set of low end Chinese made Ping knock off clubs and then tears up one of the grips, lets his dog chew it off or what ever. Should he bad mouth the supplier because he can't get an exact factory replacement grip from them? Would the tirade/tantrum reflect more about the golfer or the store?
jwellsy is offline Find More Posts by jwellsy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
They seem to have good prices on Lipo batteries. I think I will check them out when they open.
I was searching for ROC Hobby models and MotionRC came up.

I learned about ROC from FMS themselves (I am a FMS distributor/dealer in Canada) and was, rather, am interested in carrying the ROC line myself.

The Critical Mass Air Racer is a beauty. 44 inch (1100mm) wingspan and it has flaps and retracts...... The other ROC offerings really look good as well.

anyways, sorry for the hi-jack. ok, guys back to the BH bash party
easyrider604 is offline Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:55 AM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,730 Posts
Ping Zing 2 in my bag
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC