HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 11:56 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
Discussion
Flyline racers

Anyone get one of these yet ? Bought one tonight. Looks solid and has plenty of power. 2.4 radio. Should be quite the ripper indoors. I'll let you all know how it performs.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
One tight little bird. Flies fast or slow, you do have to tie the three gide lines ( short, shorter and even shorter) to get a decent flight path. 150 mah lipo gives good flight times with a second lipo on back up. Three props give you a wide speed range and snap on and off with ease. Electronics are of good quality with a linear servo on elevator.

Mine flew at half throttle and no elev trim needed. Thou up elev can produce loops at full throttle, instructions says inverted is possible but yet to attempt. The foam airframe seem durable enough , but the paint chips easy.

Chop power and she will settle in on the mains with no other imputs.
I gave my two yo granddaughter the tx and instructed her to hold full throttle, she went wild and kept saying " I Fly" about the entire flight.

This will be a great way to get young kids started in RC and boost confidence with basic flight control.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:21 AM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Flyline

Yup I bought one today. Haven't flown it yet. Just finished putting it together. Now I need to purchase the other flight pack so I'll have two planes. Who knows? Might be able to start something here.

Russ
Russ The Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Russ The Flyer
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
My five year old granddaughter was able to fly an entire battery, she has learned to be easy with the elevator. She had a ball.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:56 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,255 Posts
you do have to tie the three gide lines ( short, shorter and even shorter) to get a decent flight path.

What do you mean by this? It's r/c right, not u-control? BTW how mucho are these?
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:29 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
No, these are tethered RC. Elevator control by RC only. They cost eighty bucks. Best flown in a gym or outdoors on a calm day. I just cut some kite string to the length I wanted. Pushing the right stick down into the tx will go into high rates, speed is blistering.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:27 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
No, these are tethered RC. Elevator control by RC only. They cost eighty bucks. Best flown in a gym or outdoors on a calm day. I just cut some kite string to the length I wanted. Pushing the right stick down into the tx will go into high rates, speed is blistering.
Hey Mate. Have you ever been able to loop your plane? Even on high rates neither of mine will. They'll do nifty wing overs but no loops.

Russ
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
NO I havn't . If you get to high up they want to cut inside the circle and then you loose tension on the string.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 04:12 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ The Flyer View Post
Hey Mate. Have you ever been able to loop your plane? Even on high rates neither of mine will. They'll do nifty wing overs but no loops.

Russ
That can only mean one thing. They're too heavy for the weight to flight ratio.

Flyline guys. Are you watching this info. I still say you need some beta testing done on them. I'll do what I can to help with it.

Russ
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
On high rates, mine has more than enough power to loop. Just haven't done it yet. My granddaughter won't let me have the sticks back, haha.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:08 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Quote:
On high rates, mine has more than enough power to loop. Just haven't done it yet. My granddaughter won't let me have the sticks back, haha.
Grand daughters are neat. I'm waiting for one to appear now. I just have to cattle prod someone. :grin: I'd love to see a video of her flying.

If you do get it to loop then make a video of it. Because mine wouldn't do it. On a flat level and WOT the fly around fast. But when you give it the up you need to go into a loop it just drags its butt around and goes into a sagging wing over. If you apply a little up then it just goes into a fairly nifty wing over. Lemme know how yours goes.

Russ
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,801 Posts
OK, Had to re-glue the motor mount in, going with a 20 ft line, I'll see what I can do.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:42 PM
It flies or it dies
Deville, Louisiana
Joined Sep 2008
836 Posts
Quote:
OK, Had to re-glue the motor mount in, going with a 20 ft line, I'll see what I can do.
That's going to be a bit much in line length. Plane just doesn't have the power for that long a line. I may be wrong but mine will hardly do a wing over with a 9 foot line without sagging in the middle of it. But, surprise me. Meantime I'm gonna see what I can do about that COG and then I'll pass it onto y'all.

Russ
Old Dec 06, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
great flying plane.
54autopilot is offline Find More Posts by 54autopilot
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:39 PM
Burlington, NJ USA
Joined Apr 2001
426 Posts
They look neat, but kinda hard to stomach when you figure for $9 more, you can buy a Hobbyzone Champ with rudder and flys untethered, full 3 channel proportional...
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/champ-rtf-HBZ4900
bfaulguy is offline Find More Posts by bfaulguy