HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: What would you like to be the next Durafly warbird?
Focke Wulf 190 77 13.82%
P-38 69 12.39%
Kingcobra/aircobra 105 18.85%
Black widdow 61 10.95%
twin mustang 24 4.31%
B-25 31 5.57%
Gloster gladiator 34 6.10%
Fairey firefly 23 4.13%
Grumman wildcat 25 4.49%
Grumman tigercat 66 11.85%
Grumman goose 26 4.67%
Polikarpov I16 32 5.75%
Dewoitine D.520 8 1.44%
Brewster Buffalo 14 2.51%
Hawker Typhoon 102 18.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 557. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:05 AM
Australia, QLD, Oxenford
Joined Oct 2010
2,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
I'm talking p51, Corsair, p-47, spitfire. When they start putting planes out that aren't versions slightly different than other companies I'll be happier. I love the Durafly line I have two of them. I'd just like to see some variety. A Spitfire MK 24 is still a spitfire.
There's just no pleasing some people!!
If you don't like the plane don't buy it!!
Just like I don't own any P-51's. I don't like it, so I don't buy it. But spitfires, that is a different story. I have the PZ 1100mm, the Dynam 1200mm, the FMS 1400mm and a 1600mm balsa and ply built from plans. And will have the Durafly 1100mm SOON!!

LURCH
taz101 is online now Find More Posts by taz101
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz101 View Post
There's just no pleasing some people!!
If you don't like the plane don't buy it!!
Just like I don't own any P-51's. I don't like it, so I don't buy it. But spitfires, that is a different story. I have the PZ 1100mm, the Dynam 1200mm, the FMS 1400mm and a 1600mm balsa and ply built from plans. And will have the Durafly 1100mm SOON!!

LURCH
Who says I don't like them? I also don't have any P-51's. Just because I like them doesn't mean I'm going to buy it because it's new.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:57 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
I'm talking p51, Corsair, p-47, spitfire. When they start putting planes out that aren't versions slightly different than other companies I'll be happier. I love the Durafly line I have two of them. I'd just like to see some variety. A Spitfire MK 24 is still a spitfire.
I kind of see your point, to a small degree....and I really don't at the same time....a Mk 24 Spitfire looks nothing like a Mk 2a Spitfire (this is without me bringing up the Vampire, Sea Vixen, Monocoupe, DH88 Comet once again) they were not of the same era, one was over 100mph faster and was twice the weight of the other, the wings are different, in fact the outline is totally different, I have said it before and I will say it again, NO self-respecting Collection of Warbirds could be without a Spitfire.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
I kind of see your point, to a small degree....and I really don't at the same time....a Mk 24 Spitfire looks nothing like a Mk 2a Spitfire (this is without me bringing up the Vampire, Sea Vixen, Monocoupe, DH88 Comet once again) they were not of the same era, one was over 100mph faster and was twice the weight of the other, the wings are different, in fact the outline is totally different, I have said it before and I will say it again, NO self-respecting Collection of Warbirds could be without a Spitfire.
You make very good points Scott. I'm a big fan of the line as I said previously. You do really great work making them good looking and fly well. I'm going to get a spitfire. It's a matter of choosing which one.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:53 AM
USA, TX, Van Alstyne
Joined Nov 2010
1,304 Posts
Scott the same can be said about the P47as the Spitfire
There was a Hun Hunter Razorback P47 before the Bubble Top Hun Hunter
add a little foam and give us a P47 Razorback
it would be a cheap up grade because you can still use the same wings, tail feathers, and decals
inspector5419 is offline Find More Posts by inspector5419
Old Nov 12, 2012, 11:34 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,364 Posts
The Durafly Spitfire looks way better then the Parkzone one. There landing gear looks like something from the 109. Durafly got the gear right.
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
The Durafly Spitfire looks way better then the Parkzone one. There landing gear looks like something from the 109. Durafly got the gear right.
Durafly always does a great job with landing gear.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:02 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,364 Posts
Thats cause FMS makes there planes
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
Thats cause FMS makes there planes
Exactly
Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:21 PM
United States, FL, Satellite Beach
Joined Jul 2012
524 Posts
These are the best looking and best flying ARFs I've seen yet. Especially without having to mod prior to flying. I was able to take F4U4 out of the box, assemble it, stuff a 40c-3s-2200 in it, take it to the field and fly it off a bermuda patch (I have since put some 2 1/4" GreatPlanes wheels on it and a couple of #4 washers under the rear gear screws but thats it) complete with ROG takeoffs and landings - gear down-flaps down. The Mk24 I will buy ASAP since I was looking for another Spit after finally retiring my FMS Spit due to a combat mishap. Also, since taking the Corsair to the field 1 guy has purchased a P51, and others are very much considering the line as well. Personally I think the guys are on it and I hope the line and the quality continues.
comanch is offline Find More Posts by comanch
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,643 Posts
Quote:
Every company has to have their baseline of planes that John Q Public will buy. I think of the major manufacturers Durafly has taken a lot more unique leaps than the average. So far all I have is the F4U-4 which while not my all time favorite plane (in general not the brand) is an absolute joy to fly and like others it flew flawlessly right out of the box. Plane has no vices. Everybody has certain planes that do it for them. Personally I like German planes and would love to see a BF-110 or a JU-88 or a Do-217.Would love to see what Durafly could do with a Bf-109G or E . If Scott stays the current UK plane course I'd love to see a Typhoon or a Durafly Mosquito. Oddball planes like the P-39 appeal to me as well but am not holding my breath.

Alan
GiusedtoBe is online now Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
I should be specific... I would like to see a model of a SE5a... not a model of a model.

Oh and make it BIG!
lol. did hk ever admit to up that 1? there can be absolutely no reason to have purposefully modeled a model of a model.
MRrcRC is offline Find More Posts by MRrcRC
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
how about a mustang? BARF!! please, something that nobody else makes. f7f or any heavy night fighter
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
Yeah, like the DH Vampire, the DH88 Comet, the Sea Vixen......and at least the Corsair was a post WW2 version and the Spitfire a Griffon version.....and anybody who says that the Mk 24 Spitfire is "just another Spitfire like everybody else" well........maybe a trip to the optician is in order!

The models currently under development have NOT ever been done before in this size/configuration and to finally drive the point home, looking at the range of Durafly models, please tell me that the Zephyr and Auto-G for instance are not innovative....the last thing we are is "the same as everybody else".
i really hope this isn't a clue.
please...no more mustangs. and no more british/american stuff.
but i know the reality is that hobbyking is a company out to make money and the us stuff is what sells, along with a sprinkle of common wealth planes due to the hk bias for uk/aussie/etc planes.

yes, the zephyr and auto g are fairly unique but, edf gliders and autogyros have been done before.
though i don't know of any other sea vixens but, it does look kinda like an evolved vampire and there is another company that makes a DH-112

how about a movie fantasy/sci fi plane? the flying wing from raiders of the lost ark would be cool
Last edited by MRrcRC; Nov 12, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:56 PM
Sherbrooke Qc
Joined May 2006
2,298 Posts
My personal wish list.

Westland Lysander: A nice slow flyer with flaps etc for very slow take off and landings. I always love watching these things at airshows.
DH Mosquito or Westland Wirlwind: For sweet twin engined fun (Yes I know there are other mossies out there but only the FSK looks right and that is a bit fiddly to build). Although with the DH comet already there (nice job Scott and team) maybe that is being a bit greedy on my part.
Avro Vulcan: For big delta fun. Since the only flying real one will likely be grounded in the next year or two for good we'll need a lovely foam one to fill the void.
Michael Richards is offline Find More Posts by Michael Richards