HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
San Francisco Bay Area
Joined May 2001
332 Posts
Discussion
Charging lipos with Paul Daniels regulator

I have purchased a used Stobel V3 that has an installed 2-cell lipo and a Paul Daniels regulator.

I am not sure which lead to use to charge it.

As shown in the attached picture there are two leads (A & B) that connect the battery and the regulator. Should I use one of those?

Or should I use C? (the red lead from the regulator that plugs in to the receiver).

If I should use C I am assuming that A & B should not be connected while charging.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

John
John Webb is offline Find More Posts by John Webb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thermal, where art thou?
Joined Oct 2005
2,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Webb View Post
I have purchased a used Stobel V3 that has an installed 2-cell lipo and a Paul Daniels regulator.

I am not sure which lead to use to charge it.

As shown in the attached picture there are two leads (A & B) that connect the battery and the regulator. Should I use one of those?

Or should I use C? (the red lead from the regulator that plugs in to the receiver).

If I should use C I am assuming that A & B should not be connected while charging.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

John
Always charge the battery directly, and never through the regulator. If you're using a switch-jack, then it should seperate the receiver + regulator from the battery.
BavarianCharles is online now Find More Posts by BavarianCharles
Old Nov 09, 2012, 02:37 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
4,953 Posts
Looks to me like there is no switch jack in the circuit, so you will have to charge directly through the battery lead (connector "B", I think). Once C is plugged into your receiver then plugging/unplugging A & B is how you will turn the plane on/off. You cannot charge the battery backwards through the regulator (through "C" when "A" and "B" are connected). You will need a special connector or pigtail from your charger to connect it directly to B.
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Nov 09, 2012, 04:42 PM
Now fortified with carbon
Canada, ON, Puslinch
Joined Apr 2010
2,687 Posts
If done properly [which it appears to be] the battery wire [b] in this case has the red power lead as a female on the plug . Plug your charger straight into the battery. After charge and to power up the glider think this. The power is regulated before entering the system
DLGjunkyard is offline Find More Posts by DLGjunkyard