SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:27 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Thanks. I mocked up a tgy nano 25c-50c 1300 and it will fix in the 480 so I ordered them. Still waiting on my BeastX.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
Last edited by lasakro; Jan 13, 2013 at 09:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:48 AM
RCHN #202
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
733 Posts
OK, I'm seeing parts for a devil 500 pro on RC711's site, but they are limited and no kits, what gives?
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
Old Jan 14, 2013, 03:30 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Has anyone found a dealer here in the US for ALZRC. I'm putting together a crash kit.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:53 AM
Bomb Trails, Not People
United States, VA, Stephens City
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
Nope. Could go with Tarot for compatible components though.
MoJappa is offline Find More Posts by MoJappa
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:46 PM
RCHN #202
United States, CA, El Cajon
Joined Nov 2007
733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasakro View Post
Has anyone found a dealer here in the US for ALZRC. I'm putting together a crash kit.
Although they are not in the us, RC711 has pretty fast shipping
Dowquest is offline Find More Posts by Dowquest
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:36 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Found the same. Went back to 711 for the ALZ specific parts. Heard they have weak / soft gears and the Tarot were much better. Even so I ordered factory Align gears.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:34 AM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
This is my first built from back in January and chose the ALZRC 480 Devil Fast but never got any good photos up. Early on I decided to remove the $80 Goblin looking fiberglass and get used to flying, and crashing, this guy. I couldn't justify damaging it so I've been using a $10 no name canopy, my crash canopy, until the paint started flaking off. Yesterday my ALZRC ridged canopy showed up with other 480 parts from HK. Flat black looking like it came from the original 1982 Tron movie. So before I crash it again I figured to get some shots posted.

Looking back after my recent Align 250 Pro DFC built the ALZRC is a very well designed and quality kit. Parts went together very well. Drawings and tolerances going to CNC fabrication resulted in parts requiring no filing or correction. I think kdean mentioned about the soft gears and I agree. They didnít last long and currently are all Align. Iíve also been landing in snow so that didnít help. The only downfall has nothing to do with ALZRC but the 480 parts availability. Blades, boom, TT and rudder rod are unavailable in the US. Tarot is the only other manufacturer producing a 480 so you might find a rudder rod in the US if youíre lucky. Align parts fit perfect so far.

Currently Iím using the Align head with the ALZRC as a backup now that parts have arrived. I made a CF boom using an Align 450 horizontal stabilizer mount and 500 boom supports. I pulled out an old heat shrink repaired landing gear last night because they matched the new colors with a new one on order. Main blades are 360mm and the tails are 64.5mm. I need to pick up some new tails so Iím going to try Fusuno 62mm hoping they will work ok. Otherwise itís another HK order. The 500 blades are too thick.

I went with an Align 450 1700KV, Hobbywing Platinum 40 Pro and stock 450 gearing. The nano-tech 1300mAhís are holding up fine after a couple of dozen or so flights. I had a Devo RX802 which came with my Devo 10 so I paired it up with a ĶBeast. Iíve been flying using the Sport behavior mode and thinking about trying the transmitter mode. The servos are Turnigy S306G-HVís. Replacement gears for the MS95ís do fit but the ID needs to be drilled out a little for 3 of the gears. The output shaft is the same OD but the numbers of splines differ.

This thing still scares the crap out of me. Pitch pumps are sick and does great in the wind. If I were to do it all over again I would have mounted the ESC under the battery and put the RX802 inside using the gyro mount. I like having the ĶBeast out in the open for changes. I probably should have gone with the 250 build first but oh wellÖ
Old Sep 06, 2013, 08:44 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2013
46 Posts
What align 450 parts can you use with this alzrc 480?
JSP816 is offline Find More Posts by JSP816
Old Sep 06, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Just the boom, tt , tail push rods and canopy pins are different. If you want to use the bigger canopy on a standard frame youll have to move the holes on the canopy. And if you want to use the complete canopy and fg b9om cover, you either have to change the frame, or cut it down to fit the battery and keep the asthetics the same.
fishfiend is online now Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Sep 06, 2013, 12:28 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP816 View Post
What align 450 parts can you use with this alzrc 480?
ALZRC also makes a 480 and a 450 frame but I don't know how they differ. I've picked up a Align DFC head to use as a backup and used it a few times. Some head bearings are the same. The FS isn't. ALZ uses 2.5mm grip bolts where as the Align is 2mm so the ALZ is beefier. The PITA with this is finding 360mm blades here in the US. Don't know if you will have to worry about that because I can't tell where you are from your profile. The release of the 450L and X3 may change the blade availability. I'm currently using 335mm and don't fly 3D yet, all Align 450 pro gears and landing skids.
Last edited by lasakro; Sep 06, 2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
Joined Jun 2011
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowquest View Post
OK, I'm seeing parts for a devil 500 pro on RC711's site, but they are limited and no kits, what gives?
you can check www.alzrc-hobby.com.
xianyufanshen007 is offline Find More Posts by xianyufanshen007