HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:34 PM
Controls Engineer
United States, NY, Amsterdam
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Slow down. The 7 with two 601's were screwed up. The 2801 and 601 were fine. I don't have a definitive answer but just a little to be dangerous. Reading the beginning of the Deviation thread "Hacking the Devo" they were looking to unlock the 100mW limit and they have succeeded after checking out their download site. Don't know if this is possible on the 7. Do some research either on the hacking, or something like that, thread or maybe the Devo 10 tread. Find Tom Z, he'll know. Just worried for my plans it was the rx but that's not the case. They are though holding out on a 7 release because Walk has not finalized their code, or something. Good luck, Bob.
lasakro is offline Find More Posts by lasakro
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2013, 05:13 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Has anyone used the Hitec 5065's and a Devo rx? I'm hearing that you need to disconnect a servo it to bind. If that's the case I need a suggested alternative around the same price. Can't / won't go with MKS.
Old Jan 02, 2013, 07:33 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...05sec_21g.html
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 05, 2013, 03:54 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Hey guys. Anyone have any vids of the 480 flying yet?
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:09 PM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Hopefully tomorrow...broke my 360mm blades in an unplanned auto, so I'll only have the 325mm blades ..
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Jan 05, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
That would be great. I'm seriously thinking about this for my first real build. Would you recommend the 480, or would I be better off starting with the 450. I currently fly the Mcpx. I just got my first inverted hover today

Thanks
Terry
Old Jan 05, 2013, 06:17 PM
Joined Jun 2008
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyKYFox View Post
That would be great. I'm seriously thinking about this for my first real build. Would you recommend the 480, or would I be better off starting with the 450. I currently fly the Mcpx. I just got my first inverted hover today

Thanks
Terry
It's a class looking fuselage kit, and it goes together really well mostly. It would be a bit of a pain for a first build, i would get the 480 rigid kit on 6s and upgrade to the full fuselage when you're confident flying it. Whether you go for a 450 or 480, go 6s from the beginning the power is great..
fishfiend is offline Find More Posts by fishfiend
Old Jan 05, 2013, 11:12 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Thanks Fishfiend. I'll look into the 480 rigid. I've noticed from everything i've been reading 6s is the way to go.
Old Jan 07, 2013, 02:02 PM
Controls Engineer
Joined Dec 2012
1,331 Posts
Has anyone found a 6S 25C larger than 1300 mah to fit under the canape?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
Bomb Trails, Not People
United States, VA, Stephens City
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
I had the Alzrc frame that came with the 450 Devil Fast conversion kit and got the 480 canopy set since it was made for 6S and the 450 canopy didn't fit over my fat packs. I had to modify the frame slightly to make it work (lowered the back of the battery tray, left the front at the stock position) and now my Thor 1350 packs fit with no issue. My Chrome 1300 is a tough bigger and won't fit without forcing the canopy on so I may sell that pack and get more Thor packs. The Turnigy Nanotech 1300's fit the 480 canopy without mod using the Apzrc frame, otherwise you'd need to do the conventional lowering of the battery tray that most do with 6S conversions.

I am trying to find a good camera and camera person to get some video of me flying. Overall I'm very pleased with how it looks and flies. I wouldn't recommend it if you are still learning all orientations as it probably won't crash well. It will require a few minor tweaks for everything to line up and fit right but if you have basic skills with a file then it shouldn't be an issue.
MoJappa is offline Find More Posts by MoJappa
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:01 PM
Bomb Trails, Not People
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
Here's a pic that shows the mod I had to make to the battery tray mounting. The alum. mount is attached in the stock Alzrc position on the other side to show how much I lowered it.

Here's the finished product.

Last edited by MoJappa; Jan 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:19 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJappa View Post
Here's a pic that shows the mod I had to make to the battery tray mounting. The alum. mount is attached in the stock Alzrc position on the other side to show how much I lowered it.

Here's the finished product.

wow! very nice mojappa How does she fly?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:46 PM
Bomb Trails, Not People
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
Flies great. I wouldn't trust the vital components from Alzrc but the canopy looks really good in the air, nice and bright and doesn't seem to affect how it flies compared to the pod/boom style heli I am used to.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Great looking heli Mojappa.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:15 PM
Bomb Trails, Not People
Joined Sep 2010
243 Posts
Thanks. Considering how disappointed I was with the fitment of the 450 Fast canopy this one more than makes up for it. The magnetic closure on the back is definitely way better than the double-sided canopy "pin" that the 450 used.