HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:30 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,962 Posts
Will be nice to see your results on the Dinogy packs.

Mark sent me a 3S 2250mAh a few months ago and so far it's the real deal. After 3-1/2 months and 23 discharges all cells are still at 4mOhm as measured by my 306B. Hoping it'll still be doing well after it is more than a year old and over 100 discharges.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:31 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Good Feedback, it's nice to have high quality packs available at reasonable prices.
MCSGUY is online now Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:45 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Will be nice to see your results on the Dinogy packs.

Mark sent me a 3S 2250mAh a few months ago and so far it's the real deal. After 3-1/2 months and 23 discharges all cells are still at 4mOhm as measured by my 306B. Hoping it'll still be doing well after it is more than a year old and over 100 discharges.

Mark
Mark,

what kind of amps are you pulling from these packs?
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:46 PM
Battery Puffer
Orange, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
1,020 Posts
Im glad to see the packs made it to you Joe. I look forward to your testing. I wanted to answer a question from an earlier post about sending special packs. I am just a distributor of these packs and have no testing equipment other that my TP 820. I want the results giving hear to be exactley what you would get from the packs you buy from me and test for yourself. I believe it does no good to stack the deck if you want your customers to stay your customers.

Mark
MarkF is offline Find More Posts by MarkF
Old Jan 19, 2013, 05:51 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Mark,

what kind of amps are you pulling from these packs?
Sorry that I missed your query earlier.

I don't have an in-flight logger but I run them wide open for ~4 minutes in my PZ Gunfighter and this takes me to about 80% DOD. So, doing quick math, I'm running them at ~12C continuous, or about 27 amps.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 08:30 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkF View Post
Im glad to see the packs made it to you Joe. I look forward to your testing. I wanted to answer a question from an earlier post about sending special packs. I am just a distributor of these packs and have no testing equipment other that my TP 820. I want the results giving hear to be exactley what you would get from the packs you buy from me and test for yourself. I believe it does no good to stack the deck if you want your customers to stay your customers.

Mark
Yep, you sent me off the shelf brand new packs with a couple three light duty break in cycles on them. John at Revolectrix recently posted a good case that the newest packs don't need the break in process. I guess better safe then sorry.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:00 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,234 Posts
Awesome stuff MCSGUY. Is there any chance you recorded your findings at the lower amp runs? I know you said that they all performed about the same, but I like seeing numbers. If you don't, it's all good. I was curious on the different temps across these packs at 75-100A.

Thanks so much for this!
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Jan 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Thanks for the interest, here's the whole series:
Old Jan 20, 2013, 07:57 PM
Battery Puffer
Orange, California, United States
Joined Nov 2001
1,020 Posts
This is the best testing I've ever seen. Good job MCSGUY. This to me trully shows a packs performance. It looks like revo packs are the winner to me next to TP.

Mark
MarkF is offline Find More Posts by MarkF
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:14 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Thanks Mark, I can't wait to get started on the Dynamic load testing, that should be more revealing since I will also be recording the maximum static thrust put on the jet plus a running tally of the amps and voltage for 60 second at WOT.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:24 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,847 Posts
wow this is great info!!!!
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:40 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Alot of work but it's worth it to know the real scoop. I also believe the dynamic testing will be very revealing.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:23 AM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,329 Posts
Nice work, great testing methodology!

I have 2 comments, first, having Thunder Power packs with 250+ cycles and still going strong, you should try and do the same testing after extended usage as value only comes into play after you use them (if some fail on use # 20, is there still value?) and second, you should re-calculate the number with the TP interconnect changed to 6mm, Thunder Power only puts that there for shipping purposes and if not there, the numbers would be better (though you can blame them for the 4mm bullets melting in the first place for sure!). Nice job...

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:02 AM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,535 Posts
Thanks Jack, you're absolutely correct. Repeat testing down the road is essential.

Your right about the 6mm also. I did not discover the flaw until the 180A test so it's the only one taken with the 6mm connector and I noticed a ~5% increase in output after I changed the connector.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:48 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCSGUY View Post
Thanks Jack, you're absolutely correct. Repeat testing down the road is essential.

Your right about the 6mm also. I did not discover the flaw until the 180A test so it's the only one taken with the 6mm connector and I noticed a ~5% increase in output after I changed the connector.
I am going to e-mail Bob Burns @ TP and mention the interconnect was an issue and see what he says. I know why they do it and it can come in handy when shipping but upping their hardware to 6mm can't hurt either. I'll be watching this testing with interest!

Jack
jfetter is online now Find More Posts by jfetter