HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:05 PM
United States, MA, Sturbridge
Joined Jun 2008
1,049 Posts
How long does chinese new year last ?? like 8 weeks? Ive been hearing this excuse forever from several threads. (Not related to SH)
slowjett is online now Find More Posts by slowjett
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,093 Posts
About 3 solid weeks with various travel time on either end so will usually see direct affects
from it for 4-5 weeks and of course post effects as they have to catch up afterward.
The whole country is almost completely shut down, so it's not just an excuse.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:04 PM
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
That SH throw looked a little flat, meaning your hand is a bit closer
to the prop the instant after release than I'd be comfortable with. I find the trick
with the SH is to arc the throw up a bit and release it at the top of the arc and let the
arm continue on down rather than throw it flat and straight like a javelin. One of my
first vids demonstrates that type of throw.

And for whatever it's worth, the trick with the Skywalker is to angle the throw up about 30
degrees. Because of the way it pitches forward at high throttle/low speed, it'll generally
pitch forward from that 30 degree attitude to level, and fly away straight.
On your launch, can see it started close to level, and dove at the ground.

ian
To comfirm, this vid wasn't showing the "best" way to launch but merely some shots I had on video. The SW isn't mine and wasn't my launch. As I said in the vid, it was a lazy launch but the only one I had on vid and it does show what happens if you launch like that. Maybe it doesn't help at all.
BldrFlyr is offline Find More Posts by BldrFlyr
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:47 PM
Houba ! Houba !!
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Sep 2003
6,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Another good flight this morning... I'm really starting to like this one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZc78pkEMGA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau View Post
Ground footage from that flight^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z06T1peVmdY
great videos Keith ! your ground recording is rock solid an of great quality ...congrats
rcmonster99 is online now Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:39 PM
Joined Mar 2011
100 Posts
FPV MODELS have went up on there SkyHunter ,is there any chance that there are going to lower the price . BEVRC has lower price and I can get free shipping up to 200$ spent which I would spend .
bankheadrc is offline Find More Posts by bankheadrc
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:46 PM
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
988 Posts
Happy Hew Year guys...
Have a few extra drinks tomorrow and the day after - the last day of the old and the first day of the new years.
(I've been doing that quite a lot recently)
Cathay Stray is offline Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2012
406 Posts
Happy New year Mark
CambriaHobby is offline Find More Posts by CambriaHobby
Old Feb 07, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Dec 2012
406 Posts
SH back in stock
Thanks
CambriaHobby is offline Find More Posts by CambriaHobby
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:14 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
I love CNY ! Its always a big family event. Better stop eating now and save room !
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:15 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Jun 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzparkPilot View Post
I love CNY ! Its always a big family event. Better stop eating now and save room !
Correction: LNY
mmbbb is offline Find More Posts by mmbbb
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, CO, Broomfield
Joined Nov 2011
17 Posts
not just that ...they send it EMS, FAST>>> I received mine in 6 days from China... to Denver USA

Everyone else is more than $180 and $60 in shipping. I ordered a 1.3 setup with the Metal servos and got out for real chaep with shipping free...it was like getting the other stuff for free!
PeopleAreGreat is offline Find More Posts by PeopleAreGreat
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:20 AM
Spearheading an Alliance
United States, CO, Aspen
Joined Oct 2010
794 Posts
SkyHunter where to buy?

^ +1

Quote:
FPV MODELS have went up on there SkyHunter ,is there any chance that there are going to lower the price . BEVRC has lower price and I can get free shipping up to 200$ spent which I would spend .

I ordered from bevrc and planned it out to get my order in before they shut down on the "7rd" yes you read that correctly the "7rd" as quoted from their holiday shipping notice posted on their website. I ordered on the 4rd and I received my ems tracking number on the 2/6/13.

I went with bevrc for several reasons. I have ordered from them before. They have always shipped out promptly without any shenanigans. They offer free shipping for orders over $200. I was able to use the "alishanmao" coupon code for an aditional 5% (I think) off! Whenever I see a spot for a coupon code on an order page I'll google a coupon code for that site. That is how I stumbled across the "aslishanmao" code and sure enough, it still worked! At any rate I recieved ten dollars off my $200 dollar order which means I techically got my SH for $129. Plus it was delivered free....sort of. I had to buy $ sixty dollars worth of stuff but that beats paying $50ish for shipping and getting nothing extra!

Crossing my fingers that mine actually leaves the country before the Spring/s**t hits the Festival/fan so to speak. EMS tracking looked promising.

edit: Sitting in SFO as of right now.

Alternatively...

Mark at Cambria Hobby seems like a really nice guy, has put lots of effort into producing some great videos on building the SH. Had he physically had them in stock (and not in transit) I would have gladly ordered from him. His timing should be good though to fill the demand for this bird whilst China is shut down for the next 10+ days plus whatever time it takes for them to "recover" from their Spring Festival.

Good luck, I imagine Cambrias will go quickly.

BG
BravoGolf is offline Find More Posts by BravoGolf
Last edited by BravoGolf; Feb 09, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:49 AM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,821 Posts
Keith L.,
Do you have any WOT (Wide Open Throttle) Vids?
(with lack of concern with throttle management and sipping Lipo mah)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
759 Posts
What is the method of attaching the tail booms to the fuselage? Can it be easily removed for transport?

Same questions as above regarding the wing as well... ?
williamjames is offline Find More Posts by williamjames
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:12 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,093 Posts
Wings are secured with long bolts.
The tail booms are secured to wings, and tail group using plastic clamps secured with
bolts and nuts. I recommend replacing stock nuts with lock nuts, or you *will* lose them.

ian
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member