HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:45 AM
Illinois, USA
Joined Aug 2009
968 Posts
Hope for $90 handiling is better then this.
Name: chinashipping.jpg
Views: 299
Size: 9.0 KB
Description:
vertcnc is offline Find More Posts by vertcnc
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Nov 2012
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
This looks great, what's the average shipping charge to the US? I love the ability to dismantle for transport.
Shipping to US is $49, doesn't matter which country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daubut View Post
$84.00 Shipping to Texas!

Thats ridiculous! Whos' going to pay $90 shipping for $150 item?
Shipping to USA Texas is $49, you can verify that during checkout on http://www.fpvmania.com. Can you tell me where did you get $90 from?
fpvmania is offline Find More Posts by fpvmania
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:59 AM
KF5TIP
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmania View Post
Shipping to US is $49, doesn't matter which country.

Shipping to USA Texas is $49, you can verify that during checkout on http://www.fpvmania.com. Can you tell me where did you get $90 from?
Directly from your website.

I added to cart, hit the checkout button, clicked on estimate shipping charges, filled in country, state, and zipcode as requested and it quoted me $84.00
daubut is offline Find More Posts by daubut
Last edited by daubut; Nov 15, 2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: left out step
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
No shipping is available to Iceland from fpvmania.com.

Warning: No Shipping options are available. Please contact us for assistance!

I hope BEVRC adds the model to their website. Free shipping for orders over $200
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:18 AM
KF5TIP
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2006
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daubut View Post
Directly from your website.

I added to cart, hit the checkout button, clicked on estimate shipping charges, filled in country, state, and zipcode as requested and it quoted me $84.00
OK - I now realize that was just a quote. After registering for an account and filling in shipping address, it stated EMS shipping to be $49

So $208 Shipped to the States. That I can live with.

Now just to make the choice and the purchase, it's either this plane or the Penguin.
daubut is offline Find More Posts by daubut
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:02 PM
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
FPVMODEL could be only exclusive for skyhunter for the world, of course our dealer will sell them to support local market and provide good service, but BEVRC, Hobbyking might not in the list, 600 sets are ready in the stock, now face a problem, box for shipping, 3 carbon fiber are too long for the box, we need to modify the box to reduce the shipping cost, in case the shipping company rip off customer, new photos will come out tomorrow, and we might start shipping 1 more week later after solve the box problem, meanwhile, the white list for reviewer are sounds good for us, we like to do something like condor Skywalker 1880 again
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:05 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
FPVModels

thank your for the shipping explanation. I really hope your Customer Service is top notch
and you'll go out of your way for us dedicated FPV'ers....I thank you.

p.s.
we will be happy to support you and show you the faults/mistakes other FPV companies have made, so that you wont make the same mistakes....

Greatly appreciated.

p.s.
I asked about KIT vs ARF, is the ARF a 'kit' with motor/esc/prop? not assembled?
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
430 Posts
Thanks for give confidence to FPV MODEL, customer service are our first priority,
Yes we will make the ARTF, FPV RTF kits today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
FPVModels

thank your for the shipping explanation. I really hope your Customer Service is top notch
and you'll go out of your way for us dedicated FPV'ers....I thank you.

p.s.
we will be happy to support you and show you the faults/mistakes other FPV companies have made, so that you wont make the same mistakes....

Greatly appreciated.

p.s.
I asked about KIT vs ARF, is the ARF a 'kit' with motor/esc/prop? not assembled?
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:35 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,220 Posts
fpvmodels

FPV RTF?
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
USA
Joined May 2010
4,695 Posts
Was this plane cruising at ~2-3 amps at ~65kph using 3s Flight Lipo?

Skyhunter - New 1.8m twintail FPV/UAV EPO platform Ground footage (1 min 33 sec)
rclab1 is offline Find More Posts by rclab1
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:00 PM
OSUFPV - KF7VFT
Corvallis, OR
Joined Apr 2010
1,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1 View Post
Was this plane cruising at ~2-3 amps at ~65kph using 3s Flight Lipo?
I don't think that number is amps. I think the number under the voltage was
amps. Looks like 15ish to me. I don't think it would be aerodynamically possible
to do 2-3A at 65kph with that large a plane, or if it is it would have to be
extremely aerodynamic. 20-40 watts just isn't enough.

-Blues
Blueshy is offline Find More Posts by Blueshy
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:12 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
15 sounds normal.. I dont know Of ANYTHING that could cruise at 3 A ! Even an X8 cant do less than 9-11A..
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:19 AM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,853 Posts
There's two voltages in the lower left, and the higher of which "15" is consistent with 4S, so that's
probably the motor voltage, but both it and the low amperage are irrelevant because
it was in a shallow dive the whole vid. Look at the altitude on the right, it started at 916m,
and ended at 640m over about 83s. That's 640fpm descent rate, which is pretty quick.
Wouldn't have mattered if the motor was running or not.
Can also see that the OSD has an artificial horizon and the center point was *well*
below it (nose down).

And just for the record, the X8 (my X8) is capable of cruising level at <8A on 3S (should be capable of 6A on 4S)
My not very aerodynamic Skywalker can do 6.5A on 3S and I've seen about 5A on 4S.
We've seen EZ* type planes in the 4A range.
It's just very boring flying for minimum current.

Haven't seen enough information to give an informed opinion about what this plane would
be capable of, but at a guess, I'd say probably somewhere between Skywalker and X8.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daemon; Nov 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:21 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,492 Posts
Hey.. speak of the devil... I mean " daemon " lol...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:24 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
FPVMODEL could be only exclusive for skyhunter for the world, of course our dealer will sell them to support local market and provide good service, but BEVRC, Hobbyking might not in the list, 600 sets are ready in the stock, now face a problem, box for shipping, 3 carbon fiber are too long for the box, we need to modify the box to reduce the shipping cost, in case the shipping company rip off customer, new photos will come out tomorrow, and we might start shipping 1 more week later after solve the box problem, meanwhile, the white list for reviewer are sounds good for us, we like to do something like condor Skywalker 1880 again
Hi
I don't mind doing another review for you, think you liked my review of the Condor and the T Motors you sent me,
I have some time on my hands now so can do the review pretty quickly
Regards
Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13