Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:12 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
I received my DG600 from Rich of T9 yesterday and can confirm the quality is very good and the contruction is both very clever and practical.

Like Mark I am modifying the wing box area and fitting a floor in the front fuz to hold the battery and receiver.

This is my seventh RCRCM offering and this DG600 is the best quality as yet and by a long way too.
deepeedee is offline Find More Posts by deepeedee
Last edited by deepeedee; Dec 05, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Well I've been flying the DG600 for nearly three weeks now and it's a keeper.

Apart from a sensitive elevator (now sorted) it flew on it's maiden without having to trim, and has been flow in marginal conditions and performed very efficiently.

I'm just waiting for a good blow so I can ballast it up and give it a good work out...on the look out for 80mm (root length) vertical tips so I can try it with a shortened wing.
mark_snipz is offline Find More Posts by mark_snipz
Old Jan 26, 2013, 09:28 PM
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Here it is, winter sloping. Currently building up a canopy frame so as to fit a nice scale canopy...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 11:33 PM
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Here she is in shortened wing guise, with additional winglets added made by LET models...slightly too big in scale but they work a treat.

Also note new canopy. Made the frame up myself and the smoked glazing is from the Multiplex DG600. I'm trying to not use a latch but need to work on the magnet idea...issues with it popping off on landing!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 03:43 AM
geordie land,uk
Joined Nov 2005
893 Posts
Nice work there Mark.
simonslim is online now Find More Posts by simonslim
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:50 AM
Wales UK
Joined Oct 2002
11 Posts
wingtips

Hi iv just broken one of the extension wing tips on mine it wasnt a hard landing so i think these are a possible weak point iv emailed RCRCM for a emplacement but they want $85 + $35 post which seem a little high
clone4259 is offline Find More Posts by clone4259
Old Jan 10, 2014, 05:48 PM
Aerotow and sloping Holland
Joined Mar 2012
282 Posts
Nice glider!
Reminds me of my Tangent DG 600 which flew really nice.
Slightly bigger at 3,6m.
I sold it (must have been a brain lapse or something)
It still hurts....
Especially when watching this video.
MaartenX is online now Find More Posts by MaartenX
Old Jan 12, 2014, 01:03 AM
Joined Sep 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clone4259 View Post
Hi iv just broken one of the extension wing tips on mine it wasnt a hard landing so i think these are a possible weak point iv emailed RCRCM for a emplacement but they want $85 + $35 post which seem a little high
That's a lot of money for something so small and fragile, is that for a pair?

I really love the performance of this little sport scale glider, I'm on my second now as I lost the first due to elevator servo failure. Due to it's construction methods, i.e. cheaper than comparable European models, it doesn't take the knocks of slope soaring too well...and because it's so light and the flaps so small, landing can take a bit of doing. Any kind of turbulence on the landing approach is a problem and you can't just dump it down quickly.

More often than not it just doesn't want to land and full crow only works when there is a decent blow for the small flaps to bite against. Airbrakes would be nice but due to the thin section I haven't found any that would fit.

This aside it thermals really well, can get a move on when pushed (it was clocked doing 147mph at my local slope recently) and handles a wide range of conditions with ballast.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 09:50 AM
Joined Jul 2004
2,580 Posts
Another option on the. Snopy side of things for the 600 is to use a canopy from
Airworld, there pretty reasonable and good guys to deal with.
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Jan 22, 2014, 06:51 AM
Australia, SA, Henley Beach
Joined Dec 2006
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clone4259 View Post
Hi Clone 4258

I've been trying to email RCRCM for a part for my Sunbird, but all my emails bounce. What address are you using?
Ubute is offline Find More Posts by Ubute
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:02 AM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubute View Post
Hi Clone 4258

I've been trying to email RCRCM for a part for my Sunbird, but all my emails bounce. What address are you using?
You may get a better response from Olerc (http://www.olerc.com/). They say they aren't part of RCRCM, but many wonder....
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 04, 2014, 05:46 PM
a wing is enough
Germany
Joined Aug 2010
93 Posts
Servus, here a short video from the maiden flight day of my new RCRCM DG600

DG 600 Sneak Preview Erstflugtag (1 min 26 sec)

Regards,

Uwe.
Tail Saw is offline Find More Posts by Tail Saw