HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:32 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,843 Posts
Discussion
Where to buy lipo's from?

Ive bought lipo's from Hobby King, but take a month to get my order, even from the us wharehouse. Hobby partz, thier stock seems low right now. I cant afford Thunder power. So where else can one find decent lipo's? Im looking for a couple of
5s 3000 45-65c packs. I dont want to spend $85.00 a pack. whats available??
thanks in advance. Lee
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:51 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt soap View Post
Ive bought lipo's from Hobby King, but take a month to get my order, even from the us wharehouse. Hobby partz, thier stock seems low right now. I cant afford Thunder power. So where else can one find decent lipo's? Im looking for a couple of
thanks in advance. Lee
Try these guys

http://chinahobbyline.com/ProductShow.asp?id=2366

they are now an official site sponsor here on RCG

make sure you select the USA warehouse. I got 'em in about 5 days.
I bought a couple of the 3s 2200mah 40c and they've been working pretty well, but too soon to know...only got about 20 cycles on them.

Read about them here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1734415
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:46 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
Quote:
thanks in advance. Lee
I just got an order from Hobby King US warehouse. They have lowered the priority mail price and if you use that option you get them in less than a week. Looks like they are making an effort to improve service to US customers. I just made another order today and will report on how long it takes.

I have also ordered from HobbyPartz and have always got very fast shipping. The problem is that I have received a few packs with bad cells. From my experience their pad pack rate is higher than any other company. They should do a voltage check on each pack before they ship.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:21 AM
rrg
USA, KY, Edgewood
Joined Dec 2007
1,257 Posts
I have had that same problem with HobbyPartz.^^^^^It has only happened once. I still go to them for li-po orders....
rrg is offline Find More Posts by rrg
Old Nov 08, 2012, 05:37 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
1,890 Posts
Hayin batteries,i am happy with them so far.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:12 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,244 Posts
There's tons of lipo vendors. Besides those already named...
EPBuddy
ProgressiveRC
Value Hobby
Just to name a few. Personally I've always gotten my stuff from the HK US warehouse in under a weekm
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:09 AM
United States, MD, Kensington
Joined Dec 2008
309 Posts
My friend and I in Maryland regularly order from HK USA warehouse, and delivery has always been less than a week, usually just a few days.
michaelingp is online now Find More Posts by michaelingp
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:55 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,843 Posts
Ive been charged big shipping even with the usa wharehouse,and a month to get it.
I feel very ripped off!!
capt soap is online now Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:44 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Ive been charged big shipping even with the usa wharehouse,and a month to get it.
I feel very ripped off!!
hmmm....what is "big"?

I've ordered about a dozen times from the USA warehouse, and shipping has been in par with other vendors and shipping times have been from 3-5 days tops...so faster than 70% of other vendors I've bought from the US.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,356 Posts
Quote:
I feel very ripped off!!
Hobby King

For the order that I made early this morning I just got a shipping notice. Looks to me like the delayed shipping problems have been solved. They charged me $9.52 for 2-3 day priority mail for $66 worth of batteries. Looks like they have figured out about the flat rate shipping from the USPS. Hopefully I will have them early next week.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:46 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...aqblr0seofm3n1 i am running a few of these Glaciers seem to be good ones. And shipping is very fast.
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Nov 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfwd View Post
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...aqblr0seofm3n1 i am running a few of these Glaciers seem to be good ones. And shipping is very fast.
Is it just me or has the EPBuddy site been slower then snot for the past week or so?
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:30 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
Hobby King

For the order that I made early this morning I just got a shipping notice. Looks to me like the delayed shipping problems have been solved. They charged me $9.52 for 2-3 day priority mail for $66 worth of batteries. Looks like they have figured out about the flat rate shipping from the USPS. Hopefully I will have them early next week.

goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)