HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
We're getting rain tonight maybe changing to a dusting tomorrow and the Southern panic mode is in full swing. On the local news they said plow drivers are being called in, trucks fitted with plows, brine trucks covering the roads with salt, stay home if you don't have to go out and be sure you have essentials in the house. Good grief. I spent my first 60 years in New England and can't believe it. We'd start to get interested if 6" was predicted.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,348 Posts
Back at the station I used to work at, we had one DJ who called those "French Toast weather warnings" because everybody would go to the store and buy all the bread, eggs, and milk they could carry.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:01 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,731 Posts
420TEE, we woke up this morning to a weather forecast of 7" to 12" of snow starting this afternoon, supposedly gaining strength by nightfall.

The last time they issued dire warnings like this, we got about an inch---.

I like French Toast---.
der kapitan is online now Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:45 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Kap, the radar doesn't look good for you.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:01 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,348 Posts
He probably WANTS to get snowed in, more reason to sit around and #25 it.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:35 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,653 Posts
French Toast--Yum! Love it with maple syrup all over it. But Maple Syrup is too expensive anymore. $7 for a little half quart bottle. Good on fried chicken too but honey is better.
Looks like the snow is getting serious in the mid-west and heading for New England. could be a bad one for some of you. We could really use aout two or three days of solid rain down here. It's not a dorught but very dry for now.
Thanks for the pictures Schrott. Love the new room and I know you need the snow. 20% on the trees is pretty low for moisture.
I need to get my solar irrigation system running right away. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What's a blog for?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,348 Posts
All we got today is wind. I want fluffy white stuff!

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:13 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
He probably WANTS to get snowed in, more reason to sit around and #25 it. Andy
You've got me pegged, Andy---.

Also, we have two wine fridges downstairs that were just recently restocked with a nice selection.
der kapitan is online now Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:33 AM
Semi-Official Tinkerer
Rochester NY
Joined Mar 2005
820 Posts
Living just about 60mi east of the the Kap the radio just said by this time tomorrow we could have 16".
That should be fun. Dave.
Subdave is offline Find More Posts by Subdave
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:04 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,861 Posts
Maple syrup on fried chicken?

The 'best' french toast you can make is to use a 'good' Cinnamon Raisin bread, mix your eggs with a little extra cinnamon and a dash of sugar. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture and then fry the bread over low heat in melted butter.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:54 PM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post

The 'best' french toast you can make is to use a 'good' Cinnamon Raisin bread, mix your eggs with a little extra cinnamon and a dash of sugar. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture and then fry the bread over low heat in melted butter.
Tom,Pete didn't "leave" Massachusets.they ran him out when caught him putting syrup on fried chicken.
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:41 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Google Santa Fe french toast. Heaven. Served on their old liners.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,653 Posts
Maple syrup is good on tons of stuff. Put a dab in your coffee,pour it on roast ham or a roast beef or pork. Put some in your oatmeal or on your bacon, on pancakes and yes on fried chicken or fried shrimp. Good stuff that maple syrup. Too bad it's so damned expensive.
People in Massachusettes don't know what good fried chicken is with or with out maple syrup or honey. I picked the maple syrup thing up in Atlanta back in the 60's.Now those Georgia boys know how to eat fried chicken I'll tell you. pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by norgale; Dec 26, 2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:13 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot View Post

BETTER YET use a cinnomon roll ( a big fat one from a good bakery) and slicce , dip, cook! And with some good maple suryp and pecan pieces....oh boy look out gut cause here it comes!!!!!! worth the bellie ache for the taste sensation....
And now back to our regulary schedualed topic of " Got Snow?"
oh and no snow in the low lands but the mountains around here are getting record numbers of accumalations!! Ski resort at Mt.baker claims to have the deepest snow pack in the north America ( although my bet is Whistler has just as much up in Canada).
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
Maple syrup is good on tons of stuff. Put a dab in your coffee,pour it on roast ham or a roast beef or pork. Put some in your oatmeal or on your bacon, on pancakes and yes on fried chicken or fried shrimp. Good stuff that maple syrup. Too bad it's so damned expensive.
People in Massachusettes don't know what good fried chicken is with or with out maple syrup or honey. I picked the maple syrup thing up in Atlanta back in the 60's.Now those Georgia boys know how to eat fried chicken I'll tell you. pete
Sounds like my son-in-law with his A1 steak sauce on everything. Crap tastes like carb cleaner to me.