SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 05:11 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,697 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ya that really looks comfortable. Gotta give ya credit for guts though or no sense,I don't know which. Great picture Old Snowy Butt. Ha! Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:20 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Hee hee, OBW---, Norgale keeps his buns warm in sunny Florida, and doesn't know what that white stuff you're sitting on is---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:20 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,697 Posts
My dog doesn't know what that white stuff is but I do. Mass. is home. I have to say that OBW sitting out there with a drink reminds me of my father. He would sit in the snow bank next to the walkway by the garage with a drink and cook steaks for our supper while the snow continued to fall and we waited in the house for chow. He loved every minute of it and would say" Ahhh yes, this is living". Ha! Pete
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:12 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
I wish I could give you pictures of mountains of snow.
We are in a serious drought.
End of November and we have red flag conditions.
It was 60 today, no wind and I worked on my house in a sweater, nice, but scarry, extremly scarry.
I am very worried, have not seen anything like this since 1999. My house became the drop point for the slurry bombers the next summer.
I lost 1/8 of my trees on the property. They wre so dry, you could take down a green and it would be perfect firewood. 10% moisture in a live tree.
The guys from the National Forest came by last week and took samples. My trees are at 20%, they should be at 40% for this time of the year.
This Week End I will take some time to take pics of McPhee. I have never seen it that low in 24 years.
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:10 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,598 Posts
December 1st. 72*, sunny, mild breeze. Warmer tomorrow. This kind of stuff usually ends with a bang.
420TEE is online now Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:33 PM
1/2 a bubble off
United States, NY, Schenectady
Joined Mar 2011
859 Posts
Went out to the car at 10 this morning about an inch of fluffy white stuff everywhere.

This early in the snow season here? I suppose I should find out where the snow shovel is? Its around somewhere...
Apismelifera is offline Find More Posts by Apismelifera
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:04 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
I have a shovel ready at both the front and back doors, and they've been out for over a week now, without seeing any use. Hope it stays that way---.

Still need to get the gas can filled for the snowblower though.

Apis, we had just a dusting, but the handwriting is on the wall that winter is here---.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:44 PM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,541 Posts
It started here

Don't expect more than a dusting again
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:10 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,697 Posts
Beautiful picture OBW. Back home anything under a foot was a dusting. One foot to two feet was a good storm and up to three feet was a blizzard. After that was every man for himself. Ha! Pete
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:12 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
I have a shovel ready at both the front and back doors, and they've been out for over a week now, without seeing any use. Hope it stays that way---.

Still need to get the gas can filled for the snowblower though.

Apis, we had just a dusting, but the handwriting is on the wall that winter is here---.
Maybe that's what Obama meant by "shovel ready projects" to put people to work. Pete
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
Winter finally arrived a week ago.
Our drought is kinde serious, like 98,99 and 2000.
I got 20" up here, the very first snow. It is snowing right now, temp 25, windchill -1.
I finished the roof on my Wintergarden just before the snow hit. All window openings are tarped, so no drifts inside.
Just with the tarps over the window openeing it reaches 60 degree inside, ouside barely 40.
Next winter I will sit in my lawn chair, feet in the lawn, having a cold one and watch it snow. Maybe I will have a litle beach area and have a Corona
Schrott is online now Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Dec 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
Taking care of the pond.
USA, CA, Fresno
Joined Apr 2004
7,316 Posts
Merry Christmas to all my boating friends! Hope you all have a happy and blessed Christmas!
MILLERTIME is offline Find More Posts by MILLERTIME
Old Dec 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
United States, PA, Quakertown
Joined Jan 2012
1,541 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all

Just a dusting,but it shows how much hurricane SANDY that still needs chainsaw attention.
oldbilgewater is offline Find More Posts by oldbilgewater
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:32 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Got about an inch last night, just enough to give us the first white Christmas in years, really pretty outside---.

Kinda nice to see it on the ground---.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbilgewater View Post
Just a dusting,but it shows how much hurricane SANDY that still needs chainsaw attention.
Oh! You mean this Sandy! Just didn't put that together until now. Ha! Pete