HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:11 PM
Semi-Official Tinkerer
Subdave's Avatar
Rochester NY
Joined Mar 2005
832 Posts
It is a fricken winter wonderland out there.
My Blazer looks like a snow sculpture. Dave.
Subdave is offline Find More Posts by Subdave
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:36 PM
Shanghai'd Expat
herrmill's Avatar
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,618 Posts
If you think snow back home is bad you should try living where I am when we have a few inches arrive, especially a day before the entire country closes for Chinese New Year.

We went to the mall for an early dinner yesterday then spent more than 1-1/2 hours driving back home 3 miles to cross the river last night after it started snowing, most of that waiting "patiently" for all the idiots & around me who turned what is supposed to be a one lane access ramp into 4-5 lanes of traffic, each one vying for the next few cm of space in their mad rush to cross the bridge! Never again!
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:20 PM
GSMB Member
ken_nj's Avatar
United States, NJ, Howell
Joined Mar 2008
1,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
OK Ken. Here ya go. These I just took of the "alley" between my trailer and my shed and the rest are around behind the shed. Stuff really grows in the summer with the high heat and rain but everything blooms in the winter. Don't know what the red things are but the plant hanging up in the tree is a Staghorn Fern. Pete
I'm jealous Pete. Just changed over to snow here.
ken_nj is online now Find More Posts by ken_nj
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:27 PM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
nick_75au's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgale View Post
OK Ken. Here ya go. These I just took of the "alley" between my trailer and my shed and the rest are around behind the shed. Stuff really grows in the summer with the high heat and rain but everything blooms in the winter. Don't know what the red things are but the plant hanging up in the tree is a Staghorn Fern. Pete
Those red flowers look like Bromeliads, there's hundreds of different types.

Nick
nick_75au is offline Find More Posts by nick_75au
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:55 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
der kapitan's Avatar
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdave View Post
It is a fricken winter wonderland out there.
My Blazer looks like a snow sculpture. Dave.
Yup Subdave, you live pretty close to me, so I expect that you have been experiencing similar weather.

I'm looking at well over a foot outside, and will be going out soon to try and clear it. My dog is chest-deep in the stuff, and is romping around in the yard like it's nothing.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:31 AM
Plures Naves Quam Mentes
sound sailor's Avatar
United States, NY, Westchester
Joined Jul 2011
1,825 Posts
Mornings like these are invigorating and make you glad to be alive. Just finished clearing my 600' driveway of 12+ of snow.

Kap, my doxie is to short for this amount of snow so I have to also clear some of the yard for her.

Bill
sound sailor is online now Find More Posts by sound sailor
Last edited by sound sailor; Feb 09, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:45 AM
Registered User
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound sailor View Post
Mornings like these are invigorating and make you glad to be alive. Just finished clearing my 600' driveway of 12+ of snow.

Kap, my doxie is to short for this amount of snow so I have to also clear some of the yard for her.

Bill
Ah, memories. Do I miss all that? NOT! My driveway was 400' down steeply from the road. Had an old IH Scout with a plow just for that.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:09 AM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,586 Posts
Second round in two weeks. Last snow event brought the snow pack from 50% to 90% and some areas in the mountains to 120%..
6 inches last night, it is suposed to clear out by late Monday, should leave about 2 feet and a bit.
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:33 AM
oldtribefan
oldtribefan's Avatar
United States, GA, Kennesaw
Joined May 2007
591 Posts
Hey Bill, I like the snow blower with the operator shelter! I remember many days back in the Cleveland, Ohio area blowing snow and then looking like an ice monster when I was done. None of that out here in the San Francisco area, though.

Good luck everyone with your snow clearing!
oldtribefan is offline Find More Posts by oldtribefan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
Semi-Official Tinkerer
Subdave's Avatar
Rochester NY
Joined Mar 2005
832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
Yup Subdave, you live pretty close to me, so I expect that you have been experiencing similar weather.

I'm looking at well over a foot outside, and will be going out soon to try and clear it. My dog is chest-deep in the stuff, and is romping around in the yard like it's nothing.
It is still snowing here but less.
Fun Fun Fun!
Subdave is offline Find More Posts by Subdave
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:43 AM
---o-O-o---
blutoh's Avatar
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,604 Posts
"Snowpocalypse" has ened! We did get 16" here, and it's very wet and heavy. Waiting for my plow man to arrive to do the driveway, I am afraid this is too uch for my snow blower, and definitely too much for my back.

Pete
blutoh is offline Find More Posts by blutoh
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:43 PM
"day ain't over yet-"
der kapitan's Avatar
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtribefan View Post
Hey Bill, I like the snow blower with the operator shelter! I remember many days back in the Cleveland, Ohio area blowing snow and then looking like an ice monster when I was done. None of that out here in the San Francisco area, though.
Good luck everyone with your snow clearing!
Yeah, why is it that when you are out running the snowblower, the stuff ALWAYS sprays back at you, no matter which way the wind is blowing, or where you have the discharge pointed---?
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:56 PM
Semi-Official Tinkerer
Subdave's Avatar
Rochester NY
Joined Mar 2005
832 Posts
It sure does! Dave.
Subdave is offline Find More Posts by Subdave
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:48 PM
---o-O-o---
blutoh's Avatar
United States, NJ, Livingston
Joined Mar 2012
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by der kapitan View Post
Yeah, why is it that when you are out running the snowblower, the stuff ALWAYS sprays back at you, no matter which way the wind is blowing, or where you have the discharge pointed---?
Because in the "Book of all Things" Rule #248 says:

"Annoyance shall take precedence over convenience in all non-critical endeavors."
blutoh is offline Find More Posts by blutoh
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:07 PM
Registered User
papower's Avatar
Joined Nov 2005
222 Posts
Well we have 40" here at my house. No plow has been down my street. I have seen a payloader go up the main road that my street crosses. It took 3 hours to clear my driveway with my big Ariens snowblower. The blizzard of 78 cannot hold a candle to this one!
papower is offline Find More Posts by papower
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not AP but look at the snow I got just last night. blivsey Life, The Universe, and Politics 20 Dec 14, 2009 04:17 PM
Discussion Got Spring? (Snows all gone right? norgale Dock Talk 689 May 03, 2009 01:07 PM
Gallery December 7, 2008 - Montegrosso d'Asti (Italy): We got snow! Bad Attitude Aerial Photography 5 Dec 11, 2008 05:54 AM
Finally got snow in CO gunnisonflyer Aerial Photography 7 Dec 22, 2002 04:37 PM