HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:26 AM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
Discussion
What I tell my liberal friends (yes, I have liberal friends)

Shooting each other in the foot is NO different than shooting ourselves in the foot. Oh sure, we may feel different, i.e., we feel like victims, rather than idiots but I assure you, the out come is exactly the same.

Kip
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:36 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
For the average person there won't be much change...just plan on having a new insurance bill to deal with.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:46 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYPILEIT View Post
For the average person there won't be much change...just plan on having a new insurance bill to deal with.
Uh, yeah, right...NOT!

"For starters, the so-called Bush tax cuts will expire on December 31 -- all of them, not just the tax cuts for the wealthy. That will mean across-the-board tax increases for most taxpayers. The capital gains tax will rise and the special break for dividends will end entirely. Also set to expire are key provisions in the economic stimulus bill of early 2009. As a result, taxpayers will see reductions in the child credit, earned income tax credit and American opportunity tax credit. The estate and gift tax rules return to where they were in 2001, and married couples will see a tax increase.

On top of this, the payroll tax holiday and 67 other tax provisions will expire this year, including a deduction for elementary and secondary school teacher expenses, a deduction for qualified tuition expenses and more. Already gone is protection from the effects of the Alternative Minimum Tax for millions of taxpayers. Without new legislation, millions of middle-class taxpayers will see their 2012 income taxes rise by thousands of dollars."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/christ...b_1593148.html

"TOPPLING OFF THE FISCAL CLIFF:
WHOSE TAXES RISE AND HOW MUCH?

To provide context for these policy discussions, this report provides a detailed look at the pending tax increases and documents their potential effects on federal revenue, the distribution of the tax burden, and economic incentives. Our findings are as follows:

Absent legislative action, most tax cuts enacted since 2001 will expire on January 1, 2013, raising tax rates, reducing deductions and credits, and throwing millions of taxpayers onto the alternative minimum tax (AMT). The estate tax would hit more than ten times as many estates as in 2012. The 2 percentage point cut in the payroll tax rate would lapse, raising taxes on more
than 120 million households with workers.2 Short-term tax breaks that Congress regularly renews, some of which have already lapsed, would disappear, boosting taxes for both individuals and businesses. And the 2010 healthcare legislation would impose new taxes on high-income taxpayers.

Federal tax collections would jump by more than $500 billion in 2013, more than 20 percent above what they would be without the cliff. Nearly 90 percent of all households would face tax increases averaging nearly $3,500. Middle-income taxpayers would see an average increase of almost $2,000."

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/Uploa...scal-cliff.pdf

So, the question is: Will Harry Reid get off his butt and pass a budget, sent over from the House, in the Senate????
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:52 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
Quote:
oh geez. LOL
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Nov 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
I'm goin' Falcon nuts
White Salmon, Wa
Joined Oct 2003
2,588 Posts
My healthcare insurance premiums went up 5% yesterday.

Kip
RCAV8R13 is offline Find More Posts by RCAV8R13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX ASK 21 with EDF pod
Old Nov 07, 2012, 01:57 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
I kinda thought you guys already factored in the expiration of Bush tax cuts..

..so, now we have higher taxes on our usual income..plus a bigger bite of stock/fund profits & dividends.Plus $2500 (or more) increase in HC insurance.

I don't think he's done...'till maybe CHANGE is all we'll be left with.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:02 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Oh, there will be much change. They are the ultimate payers of most tax increases anywhere in the chain.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, OH, Brilliant
Joined Sep 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
"For starters, the so-called Bush tax cuts will expire on December 31 -- all of them, not just the tax cuts for the wealthy.

If the GOP-controlled house can pull their heads out of their butts, they can do what the Obama administration is asking, and extend the Bush tax cuts for wage earners under $250k/year.

Deal with it.
CrazyLittle is offline Find More Posts by CrazyLittle
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:11 PM
United States, FL, Cocoa
Joined Jan 2006
1,445 Posts
Volcker Rule.... Health care reform.... Dodd-Frank....

Love it!!!
Broken Wings is online now Find More Posts by Broken Wings
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:11 PM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post
If the GOP-controlled house can pull their heads out of their butts, they can do what the Obama administration is asking, and extend the Bush tax cuts for wage earners under $250k/year.

Deal with it.
The GOP controlled house has sent many budgets over to the senate. The question is, will Harry Reid ever get his head of his butt and pass one of them.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
That whole Senate needs to pull it's finger out now!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:13 PM
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle View Post

Deal with it.
sounds good,but don't they get most of their tax revenue from little guys like me that make under $250K.?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:21 PM
Ky
Joined Feb 2003
1,498 Posts
Maybe the Senate could actually pass a budget, or even bring one up.
Dave Barrow is offline Find More Posts by Dave Barrow
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:25 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Barrow View Post
Maybe the Senate could actually pass a budget, or even bring one up.
TThe President initiates the annual budget process by presenting his budget proposal to Congress on or before the first Monday in February of each year.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy