SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2003, 02:48 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jul 2003
156 Posts
Point me in the right direction

Hi guys
I want to build a small indoor/outdoor slow flyer. I think I will use FG's piper cub for my plans but what I could use some help with is what motor for what size of plane. I have three motors to choose from, EDP 50XC, IPS 1XCS and a IPS AXCS. What would be the best motor for the job? Does the direct drive make for too fast a craft to be flown in a gym? The reason for wanting to have a aircraft in the 24" wingspan, is that I would like to experiment with some soft thin foam and a smaller plane would hold it's form with out to much bracing. Any thoughts would be welcome.
tapeedit is offline Find More Posts by tapeedit
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2003, 12:55 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Feb 2002
151 Posts
Should this be posted in a different forum to get some help?
flyfishr is offline Find More Posts by flyfishr
Old Dec 09, 2003, 06:23 AM
Outside of Dyer, Tn. USA
Joined May 2000
7,135 Posts
Not with the amount of folks out there flying this size plane, if no one answers, we can move the thread. PM me if I don't follow-up.
Don
Don Sims is offline Find More Posts by Don Sims