HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:20 AM
Austin, TX.
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Discussion
EPO foam filler?

Hey Guys,

Got a question for you all. I have a Flyzone Fw190, that has a few dents that won't come out with the hot water trick. What is the best filler material for the foam? Micro Ballons? I was thinking something like the premixed spackle (assuming I could get it to "bite" to the foam). Any ideas?

Thanks,

JC
Austin, Tx
J_Cunny is online now Find More Posts by J_Cunny
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:58 AM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Cunny View Post
Hey Guys,

Got a question for you all. I have a Flyzone Fw190, that has a few dents that won't come out with the hot water trick. What is the best filler material for the foam? Micro Ballons? I was thinking something like the premixed spackle (assuming I could get it to "bite" to the foam). Any ideas?

Thanks,

JC
Austin, Tx
Lightweight "acrylic" spackle is what I use, but i would lightly sand the area with 320 before applying. I put elmers wood putty on top after it dries (and sanded smooth) as it finsihes better than the raw spackle.
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt
Old Nov 07, 2012, 09:06 AM
Austin, TX.
Joined Feb 2008
155 Posts
Thank you sir! Just what I was after!!

JC
J_Cunny is online now Find More Posts by J_Cunny
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:14 PM
got any foam to bash?
Lake Grove,LI, NY
Joined Aug 2000
5,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Cunny View Post
Thank you sir! Just what I was after!!

JC
You're very welcome, but I don't want to be "sir" until I start collecting Social Security..... and That is at LEAST 12 years away!

Tom
Tom Hunt is offline Find More Posts by Tom Hunt