SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by quitcherbitchen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 06, 2012, 11:12 PM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,489 Posts
Build Log
Dynafly Skyraider air brakes

After pranging my Skyraider I have now decided to convert my next one to a model J which had barn door dive brakes. I am testing the one servo serves three doors concept here on my now deceased Skyraider number 1. I might have to change the hinge line. The angle in the video makes the side doors deploy at an angle--- possible changing the attitude(pitch) of the plane- which might not be a good idea when screaming out of the sun to do some village stomping.
Dive brake test (0 min 16 sec)
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2013, 09:04 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,489 Posts
Here they are operational.
Durafly Skyraider with Barndoor Flaps version 3 (0 min 28 sec)
quitcherbitchen is online now Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen